Make A Wish Tuna Challenge rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Building Forum' started by 8 Week Wonder, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Lan Tran

Lan Tran Newbie

Name:
    Lan Tran
    Boat:
    Al Fresco III
    Hey Rick,

Good fishing yesterday.

Lan

2. Lan Tran

Lan Tran Newbie

Name:
    Lan Tran
    Boat:
    Al Fresco III
    HI Steve and Bill,

Your set of rods generated over 1500.00 with that name the amount of hooks.

We are so stoked to heve that set.

Thank you again.

Lan.

PS. we were so busy yesterday that I did not have a chance to visit with you and your bdeckers much yesterday. Thanks again.

3. fishnfool

fishnfool Member

Name:
    Kevan
    Boat:
    IMAHO
    We actually had a tie. The two gentlemen came to the stage and we were all set for the coin toss when these guys say they will split the winnings. One agreed to take two rods and give the other guy the three that were left. Upon hearing that Steve comes back to the stage area and tells me to let the other guy know he will build him a third rod to even the prize up. Class act by all involved. Thank you again to all of you that support this tournament, and donate so generously to help make it all happen.

4. Putter

Putter Newbie

Name:
    Randy Parpart
    Boat:
    18' Warrior
    That's quite the story (the tie and how Steve helped it out, too). Kudos to ya!!

5. 8 Week Wonder

8 Week Wonder The Backward Wrapper

Name:
    Steve Tomiyama
    Boat:
    nada
    one of the unique opportunities that all of us rod wrappers have, is the ability to create something that other people desire and enjoy. to think that i had a hand in helping raise that much money (more than i would have ever been able to donate) is extremely fulfilling.

it selfishly makes one feel good. it's kinda of like passing off an 30# albacore to a first timer, but only x 100.

i know that many of you that wrap, have donated your skills to good causes and will continue to do so. i hope you newbies to the hobby will also some day lend your skill to charity.

As for the raffle winners it was only right that they both shared equally. Many of you would have done the same thing.

Enough of this serious s..t............

Hey Putter, talking to some of the guys at the rod building class, they confirm that you are the master when it comes to marbleing. Any tips for someone that just started doing it? do you have a video or how to book?your reels are just outstanding!

6. Bill Batson

Bill Batson Bill Batson Advertiser

Name:
    Bill Batson
    Boat:
    Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
    Please contact me and we will donate the components for the 6th rod. This industry continues to amaze me with it generousity. We are proud to be part of this great Industry/art and will continue to support it for generations to come. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us. We are all passionate Rod Builders and fisherman here. Thank you all for the kind words and your continued support of our product lines.
    Bill Batson
    CEO
    Batson Enterprises
    Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
    877-875-2381
    www.batsonenterprises.com
    [email protected]

7. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum
    One of the guys who split the prize was seated next to us... he and his little boy were really stoked... those rods were absolutely beautiful...

8. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    I heard a lot of "bad ass", "awsome", "those are killer" comments coming from people when they were checking out the rods.

9. Orca

Orca シャチ, 鯱

Name:
    Don
    Boat:
    2359 Trophy, Irene Sea
    Steve let me know if any of the GUSA blanks I have will fit the guy's needs. donated of course.

10. 8 Week Wonder

8 Week Wonder The Backward Wrapper

Name:
    Steve Tomiyama
    Boat:
    nada

Don, thanks for the gusa blank and Bill, thank you for the components. Both donations are a very pleasant surprise. i am sure the Kyle (who is the one to receive the rod) will be ecstatic.

11. Lan Tran

Lan Tran Newbie

Name:
    Lan Tran
    Boat:
    Al Fresco III
    Hi Steve,

I didn't check the post untill today after I talked to you!!! Wow, I am so greatful that you are so generous to help us out in such a big way.

Your contribution is enormous and we are so very lucky to help us.

BTW, is there any rod building class around here ( San Diego) I would like to learn. It seems that every rod I see has such different personality that make me really want to learn the art.

Thank you again.

Lan

12. Lan Tran

Lan Tran Newbie

Name:
    Lan Tran
    Boat:
    Al Fresco III
    HI Bill,

Thank you so much for stepping in and helping us. With the sluggish economy, I can't tell you how much we are greatful for your donation to assist Steve building rods for us.

Thank you again.

Lan