Okuma

Shogunsc4

May 5, 2008
Glendora
Name
Sheki
Boat
na
I just received my new Mak 16II, for whatever reason, the reel is making lots of noise as if something is loose inside. Anyone have this issue?

Upvote 0

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
My Mak 16 is very quiet. If it is an issue, contact Eddie at Okuma and he will take care of you.

-Connor

Reactions: CDRPLG
Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
Yep, if you live in Glendora you really aren't that far from Okuma in Ontario. I had an issue with a spinner once, several years ago. Took it in, they took it into the back and handed it back to me five minutes later with the problem resolved. Actually nice that you live close by.

Upvote 0

wieisme

Aug 21, 2014
San Diego
Name
James
Boat
22' IMP
Bummer to hear about that, my mak16 started to grind after my fish large bft last year but like everyone said I sent it in and got it back a few days later. What sucks is that yours is right out of the box, but it's an easy fix, better now then on a once in a lifetime fish. If you don't want to send it in you can always take it back from where you got it from if they are closer. I personally would take it in so that they can look it all over and make sure it's perfect. Once everything is settled tho your gonna love that reel! Tight lines

Upvote 0

Shogunsc4

May 5, 2008
Glendora
Name
Sheki
Boat
na
The reel is brand new and haven't been fished yet. The retrieve is smooth like it's supposed to be just making a lot of rattle noise. Thought about opening it up and do it myself but it's a brand new reel I rather have Okuma check it out first.

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
The reel is brand new and haven't been fished yet. The retrieve is smooth like it's supposed to be just making a lot of rattle noise. Thought about opening it up and do it myself but it's a brand new reel I rather have Okuma check it out first.
Yes.....Bring it to Okuma Service First as you are close anyway...just Hang Around Ontario Mills while waiting if you can pick it up on same day...

Reactions: Mark Bingham
Upvote 0