bluewaterbum

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 16, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
Al I see is some muddy water and seaweed on the beach it'll be gone in a couple days-why do people get so fucking hysterical over a little rain & wind?
Last. I looked most hotels were damaged not to mention all the homes that were destroyed. What you see isn't anything compared to what will be shown over the next week or so down in the Cabo area.

Upvote 0

Tim Turis

Sep 16, 2004
Atlanta GA
Name
Tim Turis
Boat
n/a
"Al I see is some muddy water and seaweed on the beach it'll be gone in a couple days-why do people get so fucking hysterical over a little rain & wind?"

A direct hit by a high category 3/near category 4 hurricane is more than "...a little rain & wind".

Upvote 0

cj5orion

Build it...Remodel it...Go Fishin/Huntin/Baja
Jun 21, 2007
pacific beach/Gonzaga Bay
Name
Bert
Boat
gone baja
1,2,3 punch. It looks like another one is building up right behind it south of PV, off the coast of Ecuador. Then again I'm no meteorologist. I hope it doesn't

tropical storm "POLO"
expected to strengthen to a hurricane !

possible forecasted track,(one of em)...same as "odile" !!!!!

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Al I see is some muddy water and seaweed on the beach it'll be gone in a couple days-why do people get so fucking hysterical over a little rain & wind?

The people who live in the low lying areas would probably disagree with you, as would anyone with a boat that was in the water. I'm glad that you are all safe and comfortably insulated from the misery that other people are experiencing...

Upvote 0

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Wow-what laser like erudition and blazing insight!

How did a scholar and a gentleman like you find his way to a pit of misery & strife like BD?

Must be quite the climb down for an exalted personage like you.

Dude you are an a -hole!
Here is your little rain , wind and seaweed....

the place got thrashed, no power for two weeks.

Upvote 0

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
yep that's what happens when you live in a tar paper shack on the beach, it's to be expected. good thing I'm not going to Cabo

Reactions: Whalebreath
Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
yep that's what happens when you live in a tar paper shack on the beach, it's to be expected. good thing I'm not going to Cabo

Great link. We rode out Kiko in a trailer at Playa de Oro. There is significant difference in damage depending on where you are relative to the eye. Look at the sattelite loops showing the spinning storm, the winds going counter clockwise around the eye. If the eye hits you directly, you're at 9 o'clock and the winds are parallel to the coast. If you're at 12 o'clock to the eye, the winds come directly at you. IMO, this is the most devastating position to be at. The winds can and do change as it moves through.

The rain is freaking relentless. I stepped out of the rocking trailer at what I deemed the peak of the storm to have my minute of weatherman fame. It was like stepping behind the jet wash of a commercial jet and someone throwing pea gravel into the jet wash. It just hurt to have that hitting you. It really is an insane amount of energy being released in a concentrated area.

One key difference down there from our East Coast is that the storm runs into a 7,000' mountain range. So much of the fury is expended right there as its progress is slowed or momentarily interrupted. You look at Florida and its nothing but a sand spit, so those storms just mow over it.

Upvote 0

cj5orion

Build it...Remodel it...Go Fishin/Huntin/Baja
Jun 21, 2007
pacific beach/Gonzaga Bay
Name
Bert
Boat
gone baja
10649777_10152687337378744_2322678839913420465_n.jpg

WHOA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on

Come on Quinn , I thought you were turning over a new leaf?

Upvote 0

bluewaterbum

Jul 16, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none

Should tell that to people that live in La. and Ms. when they got hit by a Cat 3 storm and it destroyed homes and businesses... Or NJ and NY when they got hit with a Cat 1 or low 2 storm and all the damage there.

What lame responses from some here...

Reactions: twotrack
Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Wow-what laser like erudition and blazing insight!

How did a scholar and a gentleman like you find his way to a pit of misery & strife like BD?

Must be quite the climb down for an exalted personage like you.

You are no doubt an idiot!!!!

Reactions: john e.
    Upvote 0

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
    Feb 5, 2011
    Opelika Al USA
    Name
    quinn
    Boat
    exel last, next?
    Should tell that to people that live in La. and Ms. when they got hit by a Cat 3 storm and it destroyed homes and businesses... Or NJ and NY when they got hit with a Cat 1 or low 2 storm and all the damage there.

What lame responses from some here...
    thats what insurance if for! if you don't want to get hit by a hurricane, don't live there? it's that friggin simple, now for ALL you morons I DID NOT say I was happy it happend to them, but thats the chance you take

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Another BD scholar crawls out from underneath his half ton.

You are the same jackass that made a very specific and again "stupid" comment in a thread regarding how fish is kept in Baja.

Your attampts at using "intellectual jargon" to sound witty, doesn't detour the fact that you're an IDIOT!!!

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
    Nov 27, 2003
    Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    19.655' Aluminum
    Only from this site. He is a piece of work and likes to get reactions out of people. I know he is going on the Excel next week on a 10 day. That should be interesting for those aboard.

Maybe he and Whalebreath can go together... should be wonderful weather for them... :D

Reactions: arkansastuna
    Upvote 0

Whalebreath

Aug 6, 2008
    Vancouver BC
    Name
    Carl Z
    Boat
    You are the same jackass that made a very specific and again "stupid" comment in a thread regarding how fish is kept in Baja.
    Everything I posted in that thread was 100% true-which is what caused you to get your panties in a twist.

Your attampts (sic) at using "intellectual jargon" to sound witty, doesn't detour the fact that you're an IDIOT!!!

Classic BD jibberish.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This from the BBC

Officials said 135 people had to be treated for minor injuries, mostly caused by flying glass and debris

No one even died FFS!

Are we going to weep over the lost Palm trees & flooded Arroyos now?

Reactions: CMY SIX
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.