Mahi Mania on the "A-Salt Weapon" - Highlight Video!

RideMX4life21

Slay'n Tail
Nov 27, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
2018 Parker 2320
Late report from Sunday 8/12/2018

Launched out of Mission Bay @ 4am on my Parker 2320 -- the original, "A-Salt Weapon" :2gunsfiring_v1:

Had my dad, my buddy Tyler, and his dad on board. Stopped by the bait barge and picked up 1.5 scoops of 4-6" sardine. Bait wasn't in the best shape from the warmer water in MB, but it looked good enough to head out and skip making macks. Gave chasing BFT @ SCI a break this weekend, and our plan was to paddy hop for the day and put the old guys on some meat.

Motored to our zone and found some nice kelps right away. Bright blue clean water, 75.3 degrees. Picked up a couple small Yellowtail off the first stop on the scrambled egg JRI Stinger surface iron and live bait on the 25# setup before they shut off. Found another kelp nearby holding a good size school of 8-10lb dorado, threw some chum when I slid up, and instantly had everyone hooked up -- triples!

Stopped on 6-8 bright orange larger kelps...some holding nothing but bait and others loaded with lockjaw dorado. The magic paddy will make your day if you find it. Overall, great day of dorado fishing with our dad's. Time on the water and making memories is what its all about. Motoring uphill in the afternoon sucked as the wind picked up significantly, and it got pretty nautical out there!

Check out the highlight video below from the trip -- Best of luck out there guys, tight lines! :beerbang:

Last edited:

Caseydmaze

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 7, 2012
Temecula
Name
Un-Named
Boat
18' Stringari Skiff
Of course EVERYBODY will ask so I’ll get it outta the way....US/9,43....or MEX 302 area ????

Reactions: Secutor54

CardShark

Mar 6, 2015
Ventura, CA
Name
Mario
Boat
Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak
Love catching Dorado, nice work

cmlandscaping

Captin
Aug 11, 2008
El Cajon
Name
Mike
Boat
18' maxum
Late report from Sunday 8/12/2018

Launched out of Mission Bay @ 4am on my Parker 2320 -- the original, "A-Salt Weapon" :2gunsfiring_v1:

Had my dad, my buddy Tyler, and his dad on board. Stopped by the bait barge and picked up 1.5 scoops of 4-6" sardine. Bait wasn't in the best shape from the warmer water in MB, but it looked good enough to head out and skip making macks. Gave chasing BFT @ SCI a break this weekend, and our plan was to paddy hop for the day and put the old guys on some meat.

Motored to our zone and found some nice kelps right away. Bright blue clean water, 75.3 degrees. Picked up a couple small Yellowtail off the first stop on the scrambled egg JRI Stinger surface iron and live bait on the 25# setup before they shut off. Found another kelp nearby holding a good size school of 8-10lb dorado, threw some chum when I slid up, and instantly had everyone hooked up -- triples!

Stopped on 6-8 bright orange larger kelps...some holding nothing but bait and others loaded with lockjaw dorado. The magic paddy will make your day if you find it. Overall, great day of dorado fishing with our dad's. Time on the water and making memories is what its all about. Motoring uphill in the afternoon sucked as the wind picked up significantly, and it got pretty nautical out there!

Check out the highlight video below from the trip -- Best of luck out there guys, tight lines! :beerbang:

Awesome memories!