Mahi action with the brother in laws

molokaipake

May 8, 2008
Kaunakakai, Molokai, USA
Name
capt clay
Boat
24 foot power catamaran, "Hallelujah Hou", 18 foot Prima Sea flatsboat, "Keu" for flyfishing
Had an opportunity to take out my two brother in laws, Ron and Troy out for a quick trip on Monday. One just moved to Molokai and the other is visiting for a few days. Started to catch a few fish when my wife calls to say we gotta get back in by 2 pm so the BIL that just moved can get some paperwork done for his vehicle shipment to Molokai. At first, I thought, bummers, but it was only 0945, so we proceeded to catch three more Mahi and then called it quits. Thank God the last one was the largest fish, so I guess that was the icing on the cake. Total weight was just under a hundred pounds. Not much compared to what others have been reporting, but it wasn't about numbers, it was about time with family, so, mission accomplished, and some good delicious grinds, thank you Lord! And we were in by noon, so the wifey was happy too.

Attachments

ahi lawaia

Jan 17, 2008
Hawaii
Name
CP
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 21
Good going, Capt. Clay! Anyone would be happy to have 100+ pounds of mahi in a half day anytime! You and the two B-I-L hit it just right, the day before the storm. Blessings from above!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Capt. Clay and the in-laws,
Good goin' on a very productive short day on the water. Nice lookin' fish...

Pat