Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
fish out of Puerto lopez mateos in magbay with rockodilejohn,john pulld his grady-white its about an 18 hour pull on moustly good roads,our captain was ruben duran,we were looking for wahoo and john wanted to catch a marlin or two,but those fish have lock jaw wen we arrived,fish the tithan bank for 3 days with no luck,john did hook a couple marlin that promply spit da hook,the other 3 days we spent fishing in the bay and on the outside,we cought several PBs,my biggest snook and pargos,john his first snook and broomtail gruper.
weather was damp and very foggy but by mid day things were good,heres a few fotos of our trip.
fishonnn&onnn.
rockodilejohn first snook,she was right at 30#s
IMG_8533.JPG

nice pargos.
IMG_8536.JPG

johns second snook.
IMG_8539.JPG

my biggest snook ever.
IMG_8547.JPG

our captain ruben duran the master in magbay,you can ither hire his super panga or as you skipper.
613-113-7303 speacks inglish well and is very friendly and well informd.
IMG_8560.JPG

got to spend a little time with one of my living heros mr bill eardhrdt the wahoo master of magbay,
IMG_8562.JPG

it was a playzure bill thanck you.
IMG_8565.JPG

early moning byte at the dock in lopez mateos.
IMG_8568.JPG

a small cuvera snapper.
IMG_8600.JPG

D Y of da' dogtooth snapper.
IMG_8599.JPG

super panga shrimper in the bay.
IMG_8718.JPG

sweet pargos.
IMG_8644.JPG

my biggest pargo yet
IMG_8649.JPG
cptn ruben helps me out.
IMG_8657.JPG

bammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
IMG_8658.JPG

john hookd up to his first broomtail gruper.
IMG_8663.JPG

its light as a feather.
IMG_8666.JPG

nice john....reel nice.
IMG_8669.JPG

61.5 great fish.
IMG_8670.JPG

D'Y of the broomtail.
IMG_8674.JPG

pargos for john.
IMG_8730.JPG

big triggers.
IMG_8725.JPG

cuveras,we cought several,hard pulling fish.
IMG_8743.JPG

our lure selection wen fishing for wahoo and marlin.
IMG_8705.JPG

dispite the 3 slow days at the tithas we hade a blast,super long days and lots of fishing.
thanck you rockodile nice trip.
i'm back in sq there good yellowtail fishing going on right now,so our winter yellowtail season is of to an early start i'm open on the parker come on down and give youre luck a try it can be wide open on the iron.

Upvote 0

Bill Erhardt

Jan 1, 2006
Loreto, Mexico
Name
Bill Erhardt
Boat
Bluewater 23T "Soledad"
Juan......It was good fishing alongside you outside Mag Bay. I look forward to doing it again next year, if we both make it 'til then. Below is a photo I posted on another thread last week, but it deserves another look. I think both you and John should have it up on a wall.

DSC06574.jpg

Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Juan......It was good fishing alongside you outside Mag Bay. I look forward to doing it again next year, if we both make it 'til then. Below is a photo I posted on another thread last week, but it deserves another look. I think both you and John should have it up on a wall.

View attachment 884168

thanck you mr erhardt,great shot,seeya there next season late sept early oct,fishonnn&onnn.

Upvote 0
Sep 6, 2007
lopez mateos bcs
www.magbayoutfitters.com
Name
bob
Boat
26 twin vee
Nice Jaun the marlin fishing has been incredible just need to go a little ways
The tuna have showed back up after a little disappearance after 7 sieners showed up. Nice fishing and nice to see you down here again.
Sorry didn't have a chance to say good by busy with the new b&b and
boat storage not to mention all boats fishing. Had another day of great
marlin fishing yesterday pretty sure they will still be here in Jan. bob
magbayoutfitters

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ
Upvote 0

Anger Issues

Dec 3, 2017
santa paula, ca
Name
Ken Leavitt
Boat
Baja Assault Craft
Hi all, I posted this in another forum too, sorry to be "trolling" but I am flying to Loreto On 12/9 to fetch my Bronco from the airport. I REALLY want to fish Mag Bay with Bob, but need to split a day boat. Can't really afford nor justify a boat for one person. If anyone is interested for 12/10, or 12/11... or maybe 12/12 if I kill some time fishing in Loreto before I head over.

Also, has anyone kayak fished the Mag bay region, for snook or whatever else "inside"'?? Thanks! Ken

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ
Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Hi all, I posted this in another forum too, sorry to be "trolling" but I am flying to Loreto On 12/9 to fetch my Bronco from the airport. I REALLY want to fish Mag Bay with Bob, but need to split a day boat. Can't really afford nor justify a boat for one person. If anyone is interested for 12/10, or 12/11... or maybe 12/12 if I kill some time fishing in Loreto before I head over.

Also, has anyone kayak fished the Mag bay region, for snook or whatever else "inside"'?? Thanks! Ken
hola ken,get in touch with bob hoyt from magbayoutfitters,he can work magic,maybe put you on one of his charters,they run several boats so there may be roon on one them for you,as far as kayak fishing,theres good fishing in front of lopez mateos BUT moust of the good stuff is far off 15 to 20 miles so you need a panga,try my friend cptn ruben duran for estero fishing he is the best,613-113-3703 good luck.

Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Nice Jaun the marlin fishing has been incredible just need to go a little ways
The tuna have showed back up after a little disappearance after 7 sieners showed up. Nice fishing and nice to see you down here again.
Sorry didn't have a chance to say good by busy with the new b&b and
boat storage not to mention all boats fishing. Had another day of great
marlin fishing yesterday pretty sure they will still be here in Jan. bob
magbayoutfitters
hey bob,sorry I did not have a chance to stop by,we were doing 18 hour days and its get late fast,it was good to seeya and will be back next season,tones of good stuff happening in magbay,thancks man,greetting to Diana.Ljuan.

Upvote 0

Latest posts