Kos

The Tug Is My Drug
  • Aug 16, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat
    My wife's boat (yup!)
    Does anyone have any experience with the gp terminator compared to the gp predator for 60lb. I'm using the gp76 predator for 50-60lb now but I'm seeing a lot of people say the terminator is the ultimate 60lb stick. This terminator blank being local in S.D is sure tempting

Upvote 0

tyler92646

Apr 22, 2010
    huntington beach/ Los Angeles
    Name
    tyler
    Boat
    cobra fish and dive yak
    Does anyone have any experience with the gp terminator compared to the gp predator for 60lb. I'm using the gp76 predator for 50-60lb now but I'm seeing a lot of people say the terminator is the ultimate 60lb stick. This terminator blank being local in S.D is sure tempting
    despite the line rating, Terminator feels heavier than Predator, like it could pull harder. Jamie from Bob Sands can pick grown men off the ground with the rod, no problem

Reactions: Kos
    Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
    Jul 3, 2004
    BD Outdoors
    Name
    John
    Boat
    None

yes it’s true , The Terminator is the beast ! The line rating is 30-80 .. I fish this rod on the higher end of the rating depending on what reel I have mounted on it ...
    I have no problems fishing 60 for flyline for finess fishing or when the fish are deeper in the water column I have no issues and will fish it on 70-80lb for sinker rig fishing...

The Rgp 76 Predator is a true 60 rod

the Rgp 80 Predator has a softer tip , and 6 inches longer then the RgP 76 ...
    I like it for 50 because of the fast action on the tip ...

Now back to the OP

BUMP

Reactions: FlatPack and Kos
    Upvote 0