Mag Bay- Lopez Mateos or San Carlos

Avery Gilleland

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 8, 2012
Cal.USA /loreto bcs./lopez mataos b.c.s.
Name
avery gilleland
Boat
tuna can
Good morning , I live in Lopez . Both have good fishing. Lopez is easier access to both inside and outside fishing. Although you do need local knowledge to go in and out the boca (entrance) to fish outside. I haven't been to San Carlos in several years, but I imagine there are more places to stay here in Lopez Avery

Reactions: Pacific Jigger

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
Good morning , I live in Lopez . Both have good fishing. Lopez is easier access to both inside and outside fishing. Although you do need local knowledge to go in and out the boca (entrance) to fish outside. I haven't been to San Carlos in several years, but I imagine there are more places to stay here in Lopez Avery
Hi Avery, I was hoping you’d respond here, I’d read previous threads you’d posted on.
Could I PM you some specific questions regarding López?

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
The fishing in Lopez is wonderful. Look up Capt Ruben Duran he is well known for catching fish.
Capt. Ruben Duran seems to turn up time after time in a lot of written material about Mag Bay. I’m going to make a point to try to hire him for a few days when the time comes. It’s said that an expert is a local in their own backyard. From all I’ve read, Capt Duran is the man.

Bill Erhardt

Jan 1, 2006
Loreto, Mexico
Name
Bill Erhardt
Boat
Bluewater 23T "Soledad"
Ruben can usually find fish inside the estero or out, and sometimes when it is slow on the Pacific he comes across the hill to Loreto for a load of yellowtail to bring back to Lopez.

DSC06536.jpg

P8280002 (2).JPG

DSC09308.JPG

DSC04635.JPG

DSC06583.jpg

magbayoutfitter

Sep 6, 2007
lopez mateos bcs
www.magbayoutfitters.com
Name
bob
Boat
26 twin vee
San Carlos has more and bigger hotels but there nice hotels and also rental houses here in Lopez. I have lived here in Lopez for 23 years and only regret is didnt come sooner. We have a small
confortable us style 7 room hotel with kitchen and bar wifi and ac. Rubens cousin is our bar tender so wont be hard to find him.
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with Bob

michael c day

FISHANYWHERE
Jul 1, 2012
phoenix Az. puerto penasco, sonora. Loreto baja ca
Name
MIGY D
Boat
Mi Ultra Amor
San Carlos has more and bigger hotels but there nice hotels and also rental houses here in Lopez. I have lived here in Lopez for 23 years and only regret is didnt come sooner. We have a small
confortable us style 7 room hotel with kitchen and bar wifi and ac. Rubens cousin is our bar tender so wont be hard to find him.
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with Bob
Bob we are working our way down to you hopefully this time we don't get off track.
Leaving end of this month.
Retired now so I have all the time in the world.
Fishing Punta Abreojos first, then short stop in Loreto then on to Lopez. Say hi to Diane.
Buena suerte