Made in America wins again, thank you Danner

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by J.C., Oct 5, 2014.

1. Team Sency

Team Sency Unleash the hounds!!

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    JuiceBox2
    Danner has been a solid hunting boot for me. I checked mine and made in USA. I did not realize they had started making them else where.

Not seen you around for a while JC. Hope had a great summer and got some great days out on the water.

2. J.C.

J.C. Run what ya Brung

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    18' aluminum
    Leave it to a fireman to show up in high heels bragging about the size of his hose.

My super rain forests are actually an 11 double e, not that Im trying to have a dick measuring competition in which case I would conceed to Eric.

Glad Wrap likes this.
  3. J.C.

J.C. Run what ya Brung

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    18' aluminum
    Eric, last I saw the Stanwood country store had 3 pairs of size 15 american made xtra tuffs still sitting on the shelve with all the new chinese ones. I wear a smaller size in xtra tuffs, might work for you but Im a columbia fan also.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  4. J.C.

J.C. Run what ya Brung

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    18' aluminum
    Whether Danner is your favorite boot or not isnt really the point of this thread. The fact that a solid northwest company that was always manufactured in Portland moved manufacturing to china within the last five years has apparently pulled the plug and moved all manufacturing back to the USA is a win.The northwest is full of craftsman and artisans, we make phenomal products built as tough as we are. Things have to be. Im proud of Danner whether it was consumer driven, about the money or a moral epiphany I dont care, its a win in my book.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Odin7 and Waterdog247 like this.
  5. Spokaloo

Spokaloo I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    I build my own
    I actually have a remarkably small penis for my size. However, it gets me off, so who gives a shit!

E

Glad Wrap and J.C. like this.
  6. Glad Wrap

Glad Wrap I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    boat whore
    I made the mistake of buying chia made Danners once before. I have two pairs of acadias boots that are both made in the USA for my duty boots. Love them.

J.C. likes this.
  7. J.C.

J.C. Run what ya Brung

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    18' aluminum
    Hey chris, busy summer for me that included sacrificing salmon fishing all summer until they hit the rivers. Im setting up for a move to a piece of property I have been working on this summer on top of sixty hours a week.Got a handful of days in bottom fishing and a bunch of crabbing. I did get my wife on the biggest cabezon she ever caught so that was cool, she was pumped. Hope you had a good summer too, I enjoyed your reports with the dads and your wife earlier this year.

I figured no reason for me to hop in on all the north end salmon drama this year since Im not fishing.

Sure made me remember why I dont fish tournaments watching the forum this summer.

8. bigdood

bigdood I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    Nauti Dawg
    Am confused here, who DOESN'T like big tits? Sure A cups can be fun, but usually it's only fun because the alternative is nobody that night :boobies:

I've got two pairs of American made Danners, but none of the work boots. Far more comfortable than I would have ever expected. It's pretty cool going to their store down by the Portland airport and seeing the area where the US boots are made and/or rebuilt and worth checking out.

J.C. likes this.
  9. Hunter Dan

Hunter Dan I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    MUGWUMP
    Some folks can ruin a shoe or boot regardless of where it was made. Some trades are that brutal, some (like my cousin and brother) are toe draggers and some have such funk coming off thier feet they rot the boots from the inside before the outside shows wear.

10. Odin7

Odin7 Odin7

Name:
    George
    Boat:
    Duckworth
    Were those "Chia" boots the ones they created for DARPA? :D

11. goatram

goatram Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest

Name:
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat:
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    I have used Redwings for the last 7 years. $75 for a resole every 6 months. I have like 4 pair that I cycle in for new soles.

Bought one set of White Brothers Boots but they stuck a HIGH Arch in them when I have Flat Feet. Still wore them and went through 4 sets of heels and 2 soles. I burn thru shoes cause of slamming my heels down and my limp. Bad habits are hard to break. $200 for redwings compared to $735 for a pair of Wesco Boots that will last me 6 months as well before I will need to send them back for new heels. Kinda hard to stomach that pain of them.