Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
WDFW app has all of that informantion and it is accepted by WDFW enforcement as an acceptable form of the regs since all changes are posted immediately.

Does your app have that ability? And does it have the backing of the department that if you encounter a WDFW officer in the field and you show him an your app with the regs, it will keep from getting the "5 copies, press hard, and if you don't like it, you can contest it and tell the judge all about it" speech?

Not trying to piss on your endeavors or anything, but how fast regs change in Washington, live time, accurate data from WDFW is really the only acceptable and legally binding data available.

Reactions: GregE and goatram
Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
  • Aug 10, 2008
    Kitsap WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    Boulton
    A lot of jumping on the dude from what I can see. He doesn't appear to have provided much info on his newly developed app. Not sure what got others panties knotted up? Maybe the post was edited and I missed it?

What if his app actually provides better pics of fish for anglers to use to identify fish with? Maybe he has the moon and sun cycles built in to help with fishy days?

The only issue I can see is RULES! We need pics!

Edit: I see in his first post (intro post) he mentions the app... still, some need a snickers or something.

Regardless, PICS are required and I aint talking fishing pics.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    CB906EE2-AB39-4829-8446-30A65EF8F74B.jpeg

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    My bad, I didnt realize the answer was an obvious no... judgement gets clouded when you just want those downloads

what does the app do? Generally speaking you can’t advertise on here, but some guys might share or discuss a cool app....

Upvote 0

eldplanko

got the skunk off
    Jun 18, 2012
    Ballard
    Name
    My other boat is a piece of...
    Boat
    Floater
    what does the app do? Generally speaking you can’t advertise on here, but some guys might share or discuss a cool app....

My vote is for instantly share when, where, what gear, what depth and what you wife was wearing when you catch a fish for everyone in the world to see.... oh wait, I'm thinking of the reports section

Upvote 0

Odin7

Doug Fir
    Apr 19, 2008
    Goldendale
    Name
    George
    Boat
    Duckworth Advantage
    Bill Gates was hanging out at the Chess Club (they didn't have antisocial media back then) when he pushed his glasses back up his nose and said: "Guys! Hey Guys! I've got an idea to make it easy for just about anybody to use a computer! Give me a hand on some of the details and I will deal you in!"

The chess mob: "Unless you are going to say you brought another jar of Tang, fill that empty spot in your pocket protector, sit down and shut up."

I don't know if Bill had any Tang or even Space Food Sticks to share, but I'm sure those fellas in the Chess Club are sorry they weren't a little nicer that day.

Soren, don't let the guys here break your spirit. Oh yeah, and don't say "my bad". I hate when people say that. Do it again, and I'll take your lunch money and pull your underwear out of your pants.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Nah nah nah, bill gates didn’t get rich making something easier to use. He simply out maneuvered the others in the field.

way way back there were home/ personal computers coming out and there were a bunch of manufactures. Now this was a little while after they came out and they started using disk drives vs tape drives. So all these computers with disk drives were being sold and they were selling many disk operating systems. With soo many different disk operating systems people were getting frustrated as they were not compatible to some extent. What bill did was go ti IBM and convinced them to include MS DOS with every computer, IBM being the leader at the time for the Personal Computer (PC), before long this turned MS DOS into the defacto standard for DOS and that is how Bill Gates made it big. All the other success followed that initial out maneuvering of the others and getting into bed with IBM. No technical genius, more a a business move convincing the giant to ship an OS with the computer.

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Hit me...unless of course it has a back door Trojan Horse that will melt my computer.....pm sent...

Upvote 0

Renaldon

Jun 11, 2021
    Austin
    Name
    Renaldo
    Boat
    none
    Has anyone heard from him and the app? Hehe. Ok looks like I have missed the answer with the app details. It is actually nice that people make such nice apps to help and inform others. I'd say it's from the category of apps that pay you, as it provides so much useful information. Have you thought about how are going to earn on the app? Maybe advertising for fishing clubs or shops that sell special equipment for that? But I understand that you will need a lot of traffic for that. Good luck with the downloading!

Last edited:
    • Angry
    Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA