That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Ok,
Since the search function didn't pan out i will ask the board. Does anyone have a pic of a mac's on their t9.9? Specifically, the location of the cav plate hardware.

It says on the sticker "for yami 9.9 ht mount to bottom of cavitation plate against zincs"

If i center this bad boy up front-to-back it puts 2 of the predrilled for the cav plate through the single zinc.

I would rather see a successful install prior to having my own epic fail. Mine is a 2016.

Thanks in advance

Edit: pix added, after clamping it up it can really only be like this

IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0241.JPG

Last edited:

hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
I went under the plate, just pull it out a little so you don't drill directly thru the zinc, I'll look for some pictures

NWGuy

Kid's smiles are the best!
Jul 31, 2009
Lake Tapps
Name
Bryan Grant
Boat
16', ancient, money pit
It doesn't look like the bolt holes would work if you spread it open enough to go to the sides of the zinc.

punted coho

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 29, 2013
buckley wa
Name
josh
Boat
Yes
I went on top with mine. Just kinda wiggled it around till I liked the clearance. Got it away from zinc though.

IMG_0548.JPG

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
It doesn't look like the bolt holes would work if you spread it open enough to go to the sides of the zinc.
Correct, i think this is the intended location. Someone will most likely confirm before i poke holes tomorrow.

Going back to my boeing wingline days - this placement gives me sufficient edge margin on all the holes (including the 2 that i put in the zinc ughh) while being far enough out of the radius topside for hardware to lay flat without having to counterbore/rotopeen/alodine o_O

Anyways, i want to get my hands on a 90 or i will most likely have to remove prop and still bend a 30bit for a straight pilot

punted coho

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 29, 2013
buckley wa
Name
josh
Boat
Yes
Or drill it from the top? Pretty sure that's what I did. I eyeballed it held it with my hand and drilled through the holes in the macs with the 1/4 bit and bolted as I went.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Huh........?

They are pretty adamate that it touches the zincs. Dissimilar metal corrosion complaints maybe? The way i read that "important!" note is twofold. One for the t9.9 and the clearance note for other users.

I think its worthy of a call tomorrow at the least. Thanks for the info fellas.

IMG_0242.JPG

Last edited:

hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
I held mine on top to drill the holes also but mounted underneath. Don't think it really matters though there's plenty of clearance to go both ways. Haven't had any corrosion issues, put Teflon washers under hardware

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Posting directions or reading them, or even acknowledging them in the box requires forfeiture of Man-card!

That's the rules!

Ducker!

Reactions: goatram

LJB

Down Fur-Lined Avenue
Jan 18, 2013
Tacoma
Name
ain't no cunthead
Boat
68 Bellboy
Ive been pondering on this same question. Pictures would be good ?
I looked one over the other day that Defiance mounted on a new Arima
its mounted on top with the holes drilled in the gap on the zinc.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Posting directions or reading them, or even acknowledging them in the box requires forfeiture of Man-card!

That's the rules!

Ducker!
Ok Dave you got me there. I would bring it over but i can't seem to locate my map!

I called and was told to put fasteners right through the zinc. She said that it doesn't matter if the guard is above or below the cavitation plate as long as there is 1/4" of clearance.

It will be bolted up right where it is now.

Reactions: Fog Ducker!

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Other than making it harder to remove the zincs there will be no harm in a stainless bolt touching and bonding everthing together. I mounted mine from top spreading the guard slightly to miss the zinc. You will want to use omc sealant on bolt and threads to prevent dissimilar corrosion. I put that shit on all fasteners on my outboards as it will prevent the white corrosion and makes everything come apart easily.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Steve,
Are you talking about that omc glue that comes in a rubber cement type of container? I have some and find that stuff to be exceptional for gluing down valve cover gaskets, etc. Ford used to make a similar product but i couldn't find it last time i needed some but this stuff is as good or better.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Propguard is mounted. I did drill near the edge of the zincs more than i wanted. I persoanally think the install looks better this way but i think that there is plenty of edge margin to mount it on top of the cav plate and spread it out to miss the zinc. Overall spacing would be better as well. There is about 3/16" clearance from the prop to the bolt heads the way i did it. Oh, and thanks for the tip about the omc sealant. I also ran to Lowe's and bought the teflon washers to go under the nylocks.

IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0245.JPG

Reactions: Wild Bill and LJB

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
After I drilled my holes I used some Yamaha Paint to touch up the holes and edges to try and keep that paint sealed up. Applied some anti seize to bolts, nylocs and then bolted it down.

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
No Anti seize on anything marine for me. I found out the hard way it is conductive and actually promotes dissimilar corrosion.

moravec

Boston Whaler 18' Outrage
Nov 29, 2008
Snoqualmie, WA
Name
Andrew Moravec
Boat
Boston Whaler 18; Outrage
It looks like if you mounted to the top of the cavitation plate, the bolt pattern would clear the zinc.