slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Ran out solo for a few hours this morning and got a nice fish. Almost got sealed, but managed to get in the net. Didn’t realize the seal actually got a bite out of the tail until I got home.

Attachments

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Piggie! What did that weigh?
It was probably 14-15 lbs. I lost the Resurrection derby winner a few weeks ago at the same spot. It was the biggest clipped black mouth I have ever seen, and possibly the biggest blackmouth even when we could retain wilds. I believe it was between 25-28 pounds. Played it for 25 minutes and should have been netted three times, but I was fishing with my wife and kiddos. Wife couldn’t wait for the fish to get close enough and kept going for it when I was bringing it in, but it was like 10’ away, and kept scaring it away. The last attempt it was so tired and laying on its side about 10’ from the boat, then we got pushed into the kelp bed so I slowly started to pull it towards the boat and the hook popped out. It laid there for 5 seconds. I almost jumped in with the net for it! It finally slowly swam away. I think about that one every day🤬