MA7...?? Any fish?

Discussion in 'Washington Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by Pete1313, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Pete1313

Pete1313 Newbie

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    "Tiburon" Osprey Pilothouse 30'
    So, I didn't fish today, but was out on the boat for awhile. Also, I talked to the fish counter at B'ham ramp...

Yesterday, 2 nookies, lots more boats and anglers. Fish were caught at Lummi Rocks. Didn't ask if wild or not.

Today, no fish per the counter (at the ramp at 3 pm). I didn't see any nets, but wasn't in the usual place. Did see some dudes mooching at Lummi Rocks...my guess is same guys who caught two the day before.

Anyhow - I'm looking at going out one evening out of B'ham and enjoying this weather....curious if anyone has heard of any fish being caught in MA7 north...obstruction still producing anything? Lawrence? How 'bout Alden Bank?

2. Guemite

Guemite Captain

Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    2301 Striper "At Last"
    Fished Cypress (Eagle Bluff) late last week, 8-10 boats, no nets

3. fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    slow for us bud. out last night at lawrence... tons of bait and fish marked but none for us or the other 3 guys there

4. cjk

cjk Newbie

Name:
    corey
    Boat:
    bayliner
    Fished for about 12 hrs Saturday different spots in Rosario, and about 5 hrs Sunday at Secret Harbor and Indian Village. Lost one small fish Sat. and didn't see any caught by anyone else. Didn't get to talk to checker at Washington Park either day to get report from them.

5. rkcarguy

rkcarguy Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    4' more baylitter than JohnVH
    MA7=:shithappens:

Been seeing near nothing per the checkers numbers.
    Puget sound north reports were 10 kings, 1 coho, and 12 flatfish(sand dabs?) for 180+ fishermen checked.
    Pretty pathetic.
    Unless you can get some of those Sockeye to bite I wouldn't waste your gas. B'ham bay opens today, will be interesting to see how hard we can laugh at that 4-fish limit:rofl:

6. captain norm

captain norm Newbie

Those 2 caught off Lummi Rocks were ours. We heard that fishin' was slow so we thought we'd take a chance off the Rocks. Paid off BIG!!!! Both were caught at the very end of the ebb in 65' and 85'. Slow trolled green sized cut plugs with very long leaders. The hen on the right was a 19# wild, the buck was a 17# hatch. There is no way we would have got the hen aboard if it wasn't for the maneuvering abilities of Capt. Red and the ace shot netting of K-Pup. She ran all the way to the boat like she wasn't even on and then the fight began. We couldn't keep the bitch out from under the boat! 2 dives, 1 jump and a ton of circles later, we had blood on the deck!!! Fuck I love fishin'..... Fish On!

Attached Files:

7. Rite on...heard you guys were back into 'em the other day...Nice fish! 7 is spitting out some still..still using Maggots and marshmellows??:Smoke_Emoticon:

8. captain norm

captain norm Newbie

Power eggs and maggots....lol

9. rkcarguy

rkcarguy Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    4' more baylitter than JohnVH
    Nice to see BD'ers bringing home the only fish in the area!
    It's gotta pick up sooner or later, looking at creel reports winter blackmouth was hotter than summer so far...

10. Pete1313

Pete1313 Newbie

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    "Tiburon" Osprey Pilothouse 30'
    Great job guys, great picture, and thanks for giving up the info! I trolled (w/o fishing.....had my parents in the boat) and marked alot of fish along the west side of Lummi....I"m thinking some of the not-so-normal spots are going to produce....