MA11

Spoonchucker

Jan 9, 2013
Sea. Wa. King
Name
D
Boat
Trophy
Got out Sunday for last shot at Kings - working Pt Robinson at Sunrise.

Couple of decent natives and a handful of dink Coho so nothing in the kill bag....until:

Baby Harbor Seal! Have had the adults steal fish but never hooked one - got this one on a Protol Proflash with Green Glow Hootchie tipped with Herring filet.

Got him in the edge of a flipper - soon as his head popped up and we realized he was hooked, instinct was to cut him loose (don't want the fines associated with messing with Marine Mammals) - but I just got the flasher with the blinky light and it cost me $17 so wanted it back (and as a lesser concern, did not want to leave him dragging the flasher around) - cut the line off about a foot from his flipper - stainless barbless hook probably fell out by now.

While dragging him to the boat - other boats were crusing by shouting seal recipes - consensus is they are best BBQ's or Smoked.

No animals were harmed.

SC

16440.jpeg 16441.jpeg

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Caught one of these 15 years ago off Point Defiance. Little guy went on a screaming run and we thought it was a nice king at first. It took a hootchie and was hooked above the eye. We got all the gear back and released unharmed. Way back in the day off point D we had a big something hit and totally snap the pole in half. Most likely a big deal.

fishbadger

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 6, 2012
WA
Name
fishbadger
Boat
.Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
Reactions: Barracuda1