BadKarma

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 2, 2011
Free State, Free Living
Name
Dylan
Boat
It's big, red, and lots of lights
Anyone know of a m1 garand reproduction rifle and have any experience with it? I’m only aware of the Fulton armory rifles. Looking for a m1 garamd that can rifle newer .30-06 or possibly .308 as i have seen some conversions for such. Thanks.

Baja_Traveler

Serial Lurker
Nov 22, 2005
Table 17, Bay Park Fish Co.
Name
Kai Schumann
Boat
Hobie PA14, Pro-Fisha 525, Solo Skiff
Just use an adjustable gas plug if you don't want to reload for the Garand. I would think that even if there was a reproduction worth buying (and there isn't) the Op rod would be just as subject to bending as an original due to length and design.
$40 aftermarket gas plug fixes the issue...

BadKarma

Jun 2, 2011
Free State, Free Living
Name
Dylan
Boat
so you would recommend the gas plug over the Fulton armory rifle? I know ballpark price for a Fulton m1 is around $2k.

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
I bought an IAI barrel parts gun. Their receiver and surplus parts. Shoots great, no stoppages. If you just want a shooter hard to beat. Think I paid $700.

Check out the CMP.

Last edited:

BadKarma

Jun 2, 2011
Free State, Free Living
Name
Dylan
Boat
A shooter that I do not have to load for is exactly what I want. Not that I would not mind loading down the road, as that is the plan, I feel like if I had a good quality original I’d never shoot it.

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
CMP is your friend. Its been a while, but I think they still can ship directly to your home if you have FFL03 + COE. Good old days when the delivery guy knows what he is delivering to you right to your home in California.

I would go with the gas plug route if you don't reload. I reload and still prefer gas plug just in case the round is hotter. Don't buy the clones when you can get a decent shooting piece for a lower price at the CMP. Get a battle tested one from CMP. They have their own character and a history to tell. There are always a bunch of vultures watching CMP every week for any returns from some faraway country with stories to tell. Sometimes there are a bunch of nice stock that shows up but they get snatched up right away. I still love the battle tested WWII era guns. You can get them in 308 if you want too, but 30-06 is preferred by most.

Garands are meant to be shot and not put on the wall for decoration. Only a few rare ones with all original parts deserved to be put on a wall and never shot. They are the beast that help American maintain peace in the world. They deserve to be in circulation and be shot by a new generation of gun owners.

The Arisaka and Mausers also have a nice history also. They all have their own history to tell. I knew of a person who actually had a Nambu that was recovered from a Japanese kamikaze pilot that crashed into a warship. The gun survived but was mangled. The guy who brought it back had all the paperwork and provenance to prove authenticity from the ship records. I was able to hold it and touch it and know its place in history. Very interesting piece.

Last edited:

BadKarma

Jun 2, 2011
Free State, Free Living
Name
Dylan
Boat
Good to know, thanks! My fear is ruining some piece of history. My mosin, well Chinese 53, I got from a shop that the perilous owner had traded out the stock for the plastic, and took a rattle can to it. The shop cleaned it up and cerakoted it. I dropped a scout mount on it just because I like the concept and it’s a fun little rifle. If it was a clean m44 I would’ve left as is.

BadKarma

Jun 2, 2011
Free State, Free Living
Name
Dylan
Boat
I’m actually considering getting rid of my ar because of how much I love my stripper clip fed rifles. There is something about them that is just fun that to me makes a day at the range that much more.

Paparockcal

Old Dude
May 22, 2016
Whites Canyon Rd., Canyon Country
Name
Rocky Latham
Boat
N/A Now But I had a 21ft Gulf Coast when I lived on the mainland near Galveston, Texas
Try Springfield Armory, I believe at one time they made some M1 models but they still make the M-14 civilian legal rifles.

I have never been a fan of the AR rifle from which the M-16 sprang as I preferred the M-14. The original Stoner rifle was the AR-10 a 7.62X51MM not the 5.56X45MM that came later along with the M-16.

The only 5.56MM weapon I personally had any respect for was the Stoner 63/63A designed by Bob Stoner.

Last edited: