PENN

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
Fished the 371 area with a few other boats on a monster paddy. Got dines @4am, and headed south. Followed terns , and they led us to a couple of boats on a monster paddy. stopped a couple hundred yards up swell, and we got hooked up immediately. we got doubles, triples , quads and it was pretty much non stop from there. we ended up with 20 yft 15-30lbs, 4 yellowtail 5-10lbs, and a lone skipjack.We were limited out by 10 am, but continued to fish until 1pm. I lost count at 22+ releases, and we farmed at least another dozen. Non stop action and quality yft, once again the terns are your friend. Pablo, Scott, and Jake... you guys crushed it! The best part of the trip for me was when a boat fishing next to us called " code four ", asked us for some bait. It was a small cc, with a young guy and his grandpa. They got a late start , and could only get 'chovies. The young guy asked if we could spare some dines. We had plenty of fish and enough bait to spare a few dozen. I filled a bucket with water and bait , and passed it over. Grandpa cast out a sardine, and bingo he was on! That was the highlight of the trip for me! I hope you guys got a fish for every bait we gave you. I would give a million dollars to fish with my long gone grandpa once again.

codefour.JPG

codefour2.JPG

ttrip1`.JPG

ttrip4.JPG

ttrip5.JPG

ttrip6.JPG

ttrip7.JPG

ttrip8.JPG

ttrip9.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
good job guys! everyone should take a look at pic 6, hes hooked up and NOT parked on top of the paddy.

Reactions: halekai
Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
Massive karma for you. When I first saw the pics of the stern and the guys fishing, I thought "Uh-oh, paddy crashers.." Then, I read about the hand off. That's the way to start my day.
:worship:

Reactions: Tdubbzskis
Upvote 0

mezr 2ice

Almost A Member
Oct 12, 2004
Fallbrook, CA
Name
Adam
Boat
26 Twin Vee Express
Nice job. Saw you guys at the dock all looking at your phone pics. Was gonna ask how you did but could tell just by looking at your deck that you killed it.

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Wtg! It always feels good to share the love. The fish gods are smiling down on you!

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Nice job! making your day and others too!

Upvote 0

filet0fish

Jul 20, 2014
Name
Mike
Boat
Neptune 2000
The best part of the trip for me was when a boat fishing next to us called " code four ", asked us for some bait. It was a small cc, with a young guy and his grandpa. They got a late start , and could only get 'chovies. The young guy asked if we could spare some dines. We had plenty of fish and enough bait to spare a few dozen. I filled a bucket with water and bait , and passed it over. Grandpa cast out a sardine, and bingo he was on! That was the highlight of the trip for me! I hope you guys got a fish for every bait we gave you. I would give a million dollars to fish with my long gone grandpa once again.

This is awesome.

Upvote 0