rowdyrosco

sancho
Apr 9, 2009
PSL
Name
ross
Boat
Skipjack 20
I'm all about giving credit where credit is due, so here we go. Lowrance is peddling the biggest line of shit to hit the market for a long time. I bought a HDS gen 3 with nac-1 AP, structure scan(and 50/200) x-ducer, and all the bells. So far I have replaced 2 head units, 1 NAC-1, and I just shipped off(on my dime, with recommended insurance, well over $100) the 3rd head unit. I have several friends, and/or acquaintances that have had nothing but problems as well. A Supplier from a neighboring community in morro bay has sold a few, and sent every one of them back at least once. Don't buy their shit, it's crap. Add rule bait pumps, and blue sea switch panels to the list. You know shit is going south when 75% of the stuff you put on a new construction craps out almost immediately. I will say that U-flex is making a cutting edge hydraulic steering system that makes teleflex look like a children's toy. No more leaky ram, a sturdy, non Chinese construction, and better service/warranty program. Times are changing, you can't get anything good anymore. It's easier to make my own.

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    If your going to complain about a product at least mention what was wrong. I have all new lowrance stuff with new chirp transducers, structure scan and so far no isses and customer service has been pretty good so far.

Reactions: furniture 4 me
    Upvote 0

evilkhemist

Mar 17, 2005
    Sorrento
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Parker 2510xld
    Please explain the issues. I have hds12 gen3, hds7 touch, 2x point 1, 3G radar, link8, ep60r, and autopilot. Everything has worked great for me except the ep60r firmware lost its parameters. Customer service isn't the greatest, I am still waiting for the ep60r warranty replacement, but that is the only complaint that I have had. Knock on wood!!

Upvote 0

rowdyrosco

sancho
    Apr 9, 2009
    PSL
    Name
    ross
    Boat
    Skipjack 20
    Bad head unit, bad NAC-1computer, bad head unit, bad NAC-1 pump, Bad point-1, and lately the head unit is no longer receiving signal from either of the x-ducers. So ya, when I look around and see problems with everyones stuff, that means there's quality control issues. Congratulations, you found the diamond in the goats ass, however, the other guy has issues and agrees that customer service is shit. I'm no mathematician, but so far we are at just over 33% success rate=FAIL. I'm sorry you bought shit too, just trying to help out the next guy…. At least.

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

• May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Bad head unit, bad NAC-1computer, bad head unit, bad NAC-1 pump, Bad point-1, and lately the head unit is no longer receiving signal from either of the x-ducers. So ya, when I look around and see problems with everyones stuff, that means there's quality control issues. Congratulations, you found the diamond in the goats ass, however, the other guy has issues and agrees that customer service is shit. I'm no mathematician, but so far we are at just over 33% success rate=FAIL. I'm sorry you bought shit too, just trying to help out the next guy…. At least.

Just find it funny that out of the over 100,000 people on this site you have a bad experience but no one else, or the vendor for that matter has decided to chime in on issues they have had.

I am sure your not the only one but just because you happened to have a bad experience doen't mean all their stuff is shit.

My friend just sent back Raymarine stuff because of bad head units and connectors. I know plenty of Furuno that has had to go back.

It's electronics shit happens. If you want to help the next guy out then post what happened, what steps you took to try to resolve it, what the vendor did to help you resole it. Just your complaining and side of the story make you sound like a whiny little bitch.

Upvote 0

skipjack

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Oct 20, 2004
    santa maria
    Name
    skip
    Boat
    2320 Parker "Donna Marie"
    Someone on here has a Simrad system with an extended warranty.
    He said he's on his 7th head unit.(mostly all different reasons)
    That's why I'm going with Garmin.

Upvote 0

WellFairFisher

“That’s why it’s called Fishing”
    Nov 4, 2003
    O.C.
    Name
    Warren
    Boat
    13ft Whaler
    I had 2 hds units take a shit due to water intrusion, they replaced them and now that its out of warranty I'm very careful when I wash my boat...

I should be able to soap and hose them off without a worry.....

Upvote 0

rowdyrosco

sancho
    Apr 9, 2009
    PSL
    Name
    ross
    Boat
    Skipjack 20
    Just find it funny that out of the over 100,000 people on this site you have a bad experience but no one else, or the vendor for that matter has decided to chime in on issues they have had.

I am sure your not the only one but just because you happened to have a bad experience doen't mean all their stuff is shit.

My friend just sent back Raymarine stuff because of bad head units and connectors. I know plenty of Furuno that has had to go back.

It's electronics shit happens. If you want to help the next guy out then post what happened, what steps you took to try to resolve it, what the vendor did to help you resole it. Just your complaining and side of the story make you sound like a whiny little bitch.

It's junk, and will continue to be so until they ramp up their quality control, and develop their products before releasing them to the public. Perfect example, the NAC-1 AP was for sale 6 months before the software was available to make it compatible. As for the distributors, they are no longer pushing lowrance product due to the fact that, you guessed it fuckwit, They are junk. like I said, just trying to help out the next guy. People that work hard for their money get pretty fucking pissed off when they spend it on shit that doesn't work, maybe that's the main difference between you and I. Congrats on being the guy that probably bought the only ford that went 200k mi when everyone else's blew up at 90k. Fuckya, ford, mines still running strong. Enjoy that piece of shit while it still works, and when it quits guess who's going to be the whiny little bitch.

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bakersfield
    Name
    Apogee..
    Boat
    Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
    I have all Lowrance equipment. HDS-8 Gen 2, LSS Gen 2, LST 3800, Lowrance G4, Lowrance Smart Steer and it is flawless. I use my stuff well over 600 hours in two years. It might be you. I have heard of people that make street lights go out and stuff like that..................

Reactions: plj46 and Willdoggy
    Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    I have a Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 2 and think it performs really well with the 50/200 transducer! I run it a lot and think it does a great job showing detail and holding the bottom. Simple to use and fantastic details on sonar and charts.
    I did have some transducer issues with my HDI Elite 7 and would not recommend that unit for anything but freshwater. Customer service was quick to send a new free of charge transducer so I think they did right by me.

Upvote 0

nagster

Jan 24, 2009
    pismo beach
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat
    18' Baja BayRunner
    I bought a HDS 7 touch screen gen 3 and autopilot when they first came out. Went to a dealers trade show and watched a seminar and at know time did they say that the software for the head unit and the autopilot to talk with each other was not developed. When i called after installing it i was told it would be out in 4 months, well almost a year later is when it finally came out. Let me remind you that i had everything installed for a year and i could not use it. When i called i would get the same answer every time. It will be out in two weeks. I would go with something else if in had to do over

Upvote 0

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
    Sedro Woolley, Washington
    Name
    Chad Lukehart
    Boat
    Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
    I guess I am one of the fortunate ones, LMS 332's for several years only had to replace one GPS puck free under warranty, HDS 8 gen 1's never an issue, now HDS 9 gen 3 and it has never let me down.

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bakersfield
    Name
    Apogee..
    Boat
    Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
    I bought a HDS 7 touch screen gen 3 and autopilot when they first came out. Went to a dealers trade show and watched a seminar and at know time did they say that the software for the head unit and the autopilot to talk with each other was not developed. When i called after installing it i was told it would be out in 4 months, well almost a year later is when it finally came out. Let me remind you that i had everything installed for a year and i could not use it. When i called i would get the same answer every time. It will be out in two weeks. I would go with something else if in had to do over

Greetings and salutations fellow BD'er,
    Yes it is true that Lowrance put out their auto pilot before the software update. But that is history my fishing brother, water under the keel so to speak. The bump in software is there for all to download on their site, I downloaded my removable SG chip from my HDS Gen 2 and reinstalled per instructions with flawless performance. Remember it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all..............

IMG_0403.JPG

Reactions: bman440440
    Upvote 0

Cobia224

Almost A Member
    Mar 27, 2015
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat
    Parker
    I'm all about giving credit where credit is due, so here we go. Lowrance is peddling the biggest line of shit to hit the market for a long time. I bought a HDS gen 3 with nac-1 AP, structure scan(and 50/200) x-ducer, and all the bells. So far I have replaced 2 head units, 1 NAC-1, and I just shipped off(on my dime, with recommended insurance, well over $100) the 3rd head unit. I have several friends, and/or acquaintances that have had nothing but problems as well. A Supplier from a neighboring community in morro bay has sold a few, and sent every one of them back at least once. Don't buy their shit, it's crap. Add rule bait pumps, and blue sea switch panels to the list. You know shit is going south when 75% of the stuff you put on a new construction craps out almost immediately. I will say that U-flex is making a cutting edge hydraulic steering system that makes teleflex look like a children's toy. No more leaky ram, a sturdy, non Chinese construction, and better service/warranty program. Times are changing, you can't get anything good anymore. It's easier to make my own.
    I have hds 9 gen 2 and hds 12 gen 3 and radar 4g . All products work great with no issues.

Upvote 0

rowdyrosco

sancho
    Apr 9, 2009
    PSL
    Name
    ross
    Boat
    Skipjack 20
    All you guys seem so happy that lowrance was kind enough to send you replacement shit. That's the problem, Im surrounded by idiots. Fuck it, buy their shit, best thing available.

Upvote 0

furniture 4 me

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 16, 2008
    perris/ca/usa
    www.OFBoutdoors.com
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    17 crusader
    Wow. Lowrance has been great for me. As for us we have 4 boats that have lowrance systems I did have a head unit fail a few years back called it it paid shipping and 3 weeks later brand new unit sitting on my desk.
    I will say the the u it is not good over 1000ft of water.
    Other than that
    team OFB outdoors
    Is happy with them and the product produces by lowrance!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    We had an HDS7 on our last boat and it went back to Lowrance once. Other than that, loved it. They aren't the best but the prices sure are good.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

Jun 24, 2013
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Name
    Patrick Walker
    Boat
    33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
    Quality installation has a lot to do with long term component performance. Heat shrink connections? Dielectric grease in all NMEA 2000 and Ethernet connections? Shield grounds? Ferrites where needed? Clean voltage stable power?

Upvote 0