Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
My bud has this unit in his bass boat and it works great about 70% of the time. It actually sort of just freezes up and stutters along for a bit and then needs to be turned off and restarted. Anyone have any ideas? It's out of warranty, of course.

aztec23

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 18, 2017
North County SD
Name
Nick
Boat
Wellcraft 18 CC
My bud has this unit in his bass boat and it works great about 70% of the time. It actually sort of just freezes up and stutters along for a bit and then needs to be turned off and restarted. Anyone have any ideas? It's out of warranty, of course.
Same thing happened to me. Was going to take it in for repair when a tech told me that if I run the updates and delete all my tracks it solves 90% of issues. Guess what, I did it and it worked!! Your buddy will need a 16gb sd card (or higher) in order to download updates and transfer to unit.

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Same thing happened to me. Was going to take it in for repair when a tech told me that if I run the updates and delete all my tracks it solves 90% of issues. Guess what, I did it and it worked!! Your buddy will need a 16gb sd card (or higher) in order to download updates and transfer to unit.
Thanks! We will give a shot tomorrow.

Reactions: aztec23

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Well after getting my friend to clear all stored trip data the unit seems fine. I never gave this any thought since I always clear my tracks after every trip. Gary had about 3 years worth on his system.

tuna sniffer

SD '63
Jun 16, 2005
La Mesa
Name
Mark
Boat
1 tin 1 glass
Had the same problem with a Simrad GO7. Deleting tracks works. Unfortunately, customer service had no clue. It was an internet thread that clued me in.

Reactions: Bottom Line

aztec23

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 18, 2017
North County SD
Name
Nick
Boat
Wellcraft 18 CC
Well after getting my friend to clear all stored trip data the unit seems fine. I never gave this any thought since I always clear my tracks after every trip. Gary had about 3 years worth on his system.
Excellent, glad it worked for your friend. It never dawned on me either that all that stored data would have an adverse affect on performance.

Big_Tuna_

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 3, 2017
San Diego
Name
David
Boat
Hobie Tandem Island
on this note, my HDS gen3 won't store tracks for more than 5 hours...basically when I return from a trip my tracks leaving the harbor are gone. Any ideas?