vannguyen207

Jul 26, 2022
San Jose
Name
Van nguyen
Boat Name
Sea Salt
Hi guys,
I just installed lowrance elite fs 7 beside my simrad go 9, I would like to connect the elite fs with a 1kw transducer for depth sounder to look for tuna. Looking at airmar tm260.
Any though or recommendation?
Thanks

Upvote 0

rossman

Almost A Member
  • May 21, 2004
    Bahia Asuncion
    Name
    Ross Zoerhof
    Boat Name
    Yak and tin boat
    Hi guys,
    I just installed lowrance elite fs 7 beside my simrad go 9, I would like to connect the elite fs with a 1kw transducer for depth sounder to look for tuna. Looking at airmar tm260.
    Any though or recommendation?
    Thanks
    My only comments are that in order to take advantage of a 1kw transducer, you need to have a sonar that shoots at 1kw, which the Elite does not. Maybe you plan on upgrading your sounder later. Also, not sure what kind of boat you are mounting it, but those transom mounted transducers are massive and you would be much happier with a through hull mounted transducer if possible.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat Name
    Boats n hoes
    My only comments are that in order to take advantage of a 1kw transducer, you need to have a sonar that shoots at 1kw, which the Elite does not. Maybe you plan on upgrading your sounder later. Also, not sure what kind of boat you are mounting it, but those transom mounted transducers are massive and you would be much happier with a through hull mounted transducer if possible.
    The elite fs is the newest model and can push 1kw

Reactions: rossman
    Upvote 0

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
    Apr 13, 2017
    San diego
    Name
    Dustin
    Boat Name
    26' sea swirl
    What ever the price difference is from the transome mount to the tru hull is worth it… buy the thru hull. 175 hw…..

Upvote 0