LooseDrag

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 10, 2004
Ana
Name
Gary
Boat
none
Looking for ‘The Assist’, aka “any information an old guy can get” for FIRST time fishing Lower Twin Lake, Bridgeport.

We will be fishing for 3 days (Aug 12 – 14) on a pontoon boat (fishing buddy getting mobility issues), hopefully ‘fishing hard’ in good spots and ‘not learning the dead spots to avoid!

Waiting to hear back from the boathouse on my inquire if they could point us to a local familiar with the lake, for compensation, circle the lake with us providing us with some knowledge. Expecting response to be, HUH!!

It’s been over 10yrs since our last freshwater trip, but back in the day, I recall, one could not ‘learn Irvine Lake’ in a couple hours (took a couple trips) and we don’t have that kinda time. One could ‘learn Laguna Niguel’ in an hour or less, just look for the crowd and give the float tubers a lane! I’m guessing, Lower Twin Lake size wise is somewhere in between.

We will not be fly fishing, but will be bait, spinner, mini jig fishing along with trolling time for some of those ‘big ass Brown trout’. My son (now 29 and sport boat capt) is going to hook me up on the gear for our Brown attempt which without, no gear, no attempt.

Thanks for an info guys, first post in over 10yrs, LooseDrag aka Gary

SpecialK

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 13, 2004
So. OC
Name
John
Boat
none
For trolling, fish the drop offs and inlets. Ask the locals for the latest trolling intel. The fish those browns munch on move around, and you typically have to get DEEP to have a shot. For bait and lure fishing, get to the inlet early and it should be game on. Took the kids there last year with a boat and it was constant action at the inlet. The most fun for me though was fishing the smaller inlets with no crowds with lures. Position the boat to fish them effectively and you should get some consistent action. Have fun and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

LooseDrag

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 10, 2004
Ana
Name
Gary
Boat
none
Thanks Special K

Feel like an idiot, but my buddy just informed me its UPPER Twin?

All comments deserved....