zhendeles

Oct 12, 2005
California
Name
Zev Hendeles
Boat
non
Hi guys,

I havent seen many reports lately and was wondering if there are reports of the larger grade tuna on the lower banks this year. I remeber last year they were catching the larger tuna at the Jamie bank off cabo?

Thanks!

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Hi guys,

I havent seen many reports lately and was wondering if there are reports of the larger grade tuna on the lower banks this year. I remeber last year they were catching the larger tuna at the Jamie bank off cabo?

Thanks!
Keep a eye out for the Constutition,
And Poseidon, they are running out of mag bay, starting this week.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
The lower banks time is right about now. Look for the 10 day trips to explore a day or two in that area.

2000 bucks for 5 days, but all in the prime zone. Fly into Loreto and van to Mag Bay.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZZZZZ and Rivers

karlk1125

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
Interesting, the constitution has left PV?

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Water is scorching hot down there now! On google, go on Seawater temperatures on windy.com . You can scroll to anywhere in the world. Water on the lower banks is hot now. Water at cabo yesterday was 84°. Heading north of cabo, on the Sea of cortez side, towards La paz, it was even hotter! On the other end of the spectrum, I saw some 29° water in Antarctica! Probably some good Antarctic cod fishing, for those that are very resilient to adverse conditions! I'd love to catch some on Calico bass gear!

Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral
Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
Royal Polaris - sold the boat
The Constituion typically starts their PV trips in Nov... This year they chose to schedule fly down/ fly back trips targeting the Mag Bay area. The Posedion is also down there with them... After a month or so, the Constitution will move back to PV for their normal season down there..

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: karlk1125

DMcD

Nov 21, 2011
Idyllwild, Ca USA
Name
Dennis McDougall
Boat
None
I don't know that "pioneer" would be the right term. JJ and the Apollo used to do that many years ago.

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
The Royal Star started their
Hi guys,

Thanks!
The Royal Star started their current 11 day out west in the bft grounds. Cows and 100 lots of pounders are available locally. No need to go 600 miles south.

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Can you expand on the fishing ? Im heading down tomorrow on a private boat.
Our timing was partically good. With the Bisbee's going on we were either the only or one of a few boats in the zone.

Litterally all the marlin you could ever want to catch. 2 hooked, more swimming behind the boat, ones trying to eat teasers hanging in the air in the riggers. 4-8 miles from the mouth

Wahoo fishing was insane, 1 or 2 on every pass over a rock. Just as good as it could be.

Grouper are still kind of deep. We managed a few gulfs and just got our ass handed to us by monsters we never moved.

Last edited:

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
The Royal Star started their

The Royal Star started their current 11 day out west in the bft grounds. Cows and 100 lots of pounders are available locally. No need to go 600 miles south.
I'm on the 10 day on the star leaving the morning that Tiburon 11 day gets back, I'm hoping those jumbos still want to play when we get out there!

Reactions: Peg North

terryc.

Mar 12, 2006
Chatsworth
Name
Terry
Boat
20 ft. Marlin cc
Our timing was partically good. With the Bisbee's going on we were either the only or one of a few boats in the zone.

Litterally all the marlin you could ever want to catch. 2 hooked, more swimming behind the boat, ones trying to eat teasers hanging in the air in the riggers. 4-8 miles from the mouth

Wahoo fishing was insane, 1 or 2 on every pass over a rock. Just as good as it could be.

Grouper are still kind of deep. We managed a few gulfs and just got our ass handed to us by monsters we never moved.
Thanks for this very encouraging.

DMcD

Nov 21, 2011
Idyllwild, Ca USA
Name
Dennis McDougall
Boat
None
I'm leaving on the Intrepid on a 10 day, Nov. 30. I hope we fish the Ridge, maybe Alijos, cause I'm looking forward to fishing for some wahoo. Some schoolie tuna and yellowtail would be great too. Not too much interested in dorado...just C&R. Or if the big yft show on the Lower Banks, that might be an option, or at least worth a look to see what's going on. Hopefully, we leave or day or so at the end of the trip to see if the bft up north are still around...and maybe want to get with the program.

Good Luck everyone, whatever you're trip/boat you're on.

DMcD