styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but I'll give it a try. There is an Estate Sale in Simi Valley on Saturday May 6. I got to preview the gear and it is incredible. Almost all top of the line Shimano, including Gold and Silver Trinidads, many Torsas, a lot of Talicas, Terez and Calstar rods, etc. The condition of the stuff is outstanding, most like brand new.

The prices are not cheap...about comparable to BD. I bought an unused Trini 16A on a new Terez for $540, a new (but a little dusty) Plano 3700 size bag that I almost bought last weekend from Amazon for $79, for $40, and various odds and ends.

The Father of the very nice couple selling the stuff was killed in an accident a few months ago. The man bought nothing but the best and maintained it accordingly. Even the used reels were spotless, and many were obviously new.

The stuff is now all organized and standing against the wall for easy viewing.

I am not a friend or family member, but the couple was so nice that I thought I should let BD members know about their sale.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/gms/6102560278.html

ShadowX

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
You know a guy is serious when he has that many pair of khaki shorts. I can't wait to see what his gun collection looks like.

upload_2017-5-3_19-36-7.png

500000KV

May 19, 2016
Eugene, OR
Name
Matthew Brink
Boat
Kingfisher 2825
You always wonder where last years models of stuff ended up (even if the new year models are the same). I think at this guys place. Quite the collection, wish I could make it there. Hope fellow BD folks find what they're looking for.

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
I spoke for quite a while to the gentleman's son. Prior to his death in an auto accident he had survived for several years with pancreatic cancer (almost impossible to beat...remember Steve Jobs and what he went through). The man was an avid hunter and fisherman, and in his younger years an active scuba diver. It was so obvious how much the son loved and missed his Dad that it was quite heart touching.

Reactions: finsane

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
My heart goes out to his son, Must be hard to even think about having to go through this.