1. sandy sandman

sandy sandman Member

Name:
    sandy sanford
    Boat:
    reel good time
    Waited tuesday mourning to see if it was going to rain. Than found out there was no bait to be had.So we my friend tim called oceanside bait co they had good supply of 4 to 7 inch sardines So at 10 oclock we headed for oceanside for first time.Payed 8 dollars for parking launched boat and got a real small half scoop for 30 dollars punched in the 209 and headed out. We got about five miles off shore and found a pallet sized patty was not going to stop cause of the few baits we had so we desided throw one bait only and it was on. The next two hours we caught 2 two small yellowtails 4 four dodos 12 to 15 lbs and 19 yellowfin tuna 8 to 15 lbs and 1 one skipjack 5 to 7 lb we kept.The next half hour grabed bass rods with 8 lb test and played. There were so many tunas we used frozen sardines held them 6 inches off water and watched them leave the water just to grab the bait best day fishing ever Was back at dock by 2:45 and heading south a little after 3:00 and i only used 12 gallons of gas. Just wish I had something I could have taken a video with

2. RyanErb

RyanErb Love to fish!

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    OnTheWater
    That does sound like a REALLY fun day! You may not have that happen everytime!

I too wish you had a video of hand feeding the skippies/tuna.

Congrats!

3. jeffdalton

jeffdalton "Well Known" Member

Name:
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat:
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    Sounds like a fun day!

4. Shark Meat

Shark Meat Diehard/Determined CAPT

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
    Great day! Usually you have to try really hard to catch them -- These apparently wanted a boat ride.

5. Erawk

Erawk Get bent!

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    21' Sea Ray
    You found the patty! Right on. We were unable to find the right ones on Tuesday. Nice work.