Lost shaft at Dana Point Ramp

Have you ever lost something and have had it returned or found something and returned it?

• Yes, lost but never returned

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never found anything

• Found something and just kept it

• Total voters

M0nger

Nov 19, 2012
Long Beach, Ca
Name
"JT" Jason
Boat
28' Carolina Classic "Dumb Luck"
I accidentally left my speargun shaft at the wash down in Dana Point launch ramp a couple weeks ago. Most likely was left leaning against the wall. Custom Mori Shaft and slip-tip. Euro cut for 140 Abellan Gun. Text or call 562-659-4361 Jason

Reactions: aguafina

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
Almost 40 years ago I used to dive the harbor in Morro Bay. There is some structure on the west bend before you get to the bar.
I shot (at) an eel and it deflected off the rock. Next thing I know the biggest dam Wolf Eel I have EVER seen charges me from out of the rocks. I dropped my gun and ended up losing it in the current.

5 years later a buddy of mine calls me and had found my gun, less the shaft and tether.

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
I was getting into my buds truck at the Shelter Island launch ramp & my wallet fell out - I was bummed and started the process of cancelling my credit/debit cards. I get a call the next day while I was at work from a young lady that says she has my wallet and we arrange to meet at her place of work (bar in MB by the Coaster). My bud & I cruise to Starbucks to get her a gift card and off we went to lunch to get my wallet. We stayed at the bar all afternoon and celebrated on one of the $100 bills in my wallet - everything was there...around $250 total. It turns out the pretty woman was a DFW fish checker that we all see at the ramps..

Last edited:
Reactions: BluefinCurly

Brass_Slacks

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 30, 2014
Name
Hank
Boat
Public
Dive club might find it.
You might also see a tweeker propping up his makeshift tent with it.
Suck man, sorry that happened, hope you get it back.