la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
So over the years I just got to fat. Always a Big Boy but it got out of hand.
At a 380lb top weight. But stayed 370 for years.

It's been a year on this road started 370. Down 30 no bread, rice, bean try to cut starched. Stayed there. Then Newtrsysteem on a couple the small/careful break. So keep going slow/steady.
299lb now and eligible for my new knee surgery, May 1 if they dont cancel.

But going to keep going to my 30's weight I'd 240lb so 230lb is my target.

In BD many years ago we had a group if guy that group up here in a weigh TV loss thread. I followed it silently. Maybe I could revive one?
That's my personal news.
la vida

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Good for you.

Eat nutrient dense foods as often as possible.

Eat lots of fat-just make sure they are healthy fats!!!

Fresh fruit and vegetables. Ancient grains.

No added sugar, flour, white potato, white rice or corn products.

Small amounts of high quality protein sources. Grass fed and pasture raised is best.

Hydrate early and often.

If you eat properly you can get off of high blood pressure and cholesterol meds in a matter of weeks. That is how powerful of an effect food has on our bodies.

The best defense to viruses is a strong immune system.

Start a thread. Should be fun and enlightening.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Good for you.

Eat nutrient dense foods as often as possible.

Eat lots of fat-just make sure they are healthy fats!!!

Fresh fruit and vegetables. Ancient grains.

No added sugar, flour, white potato, white rice or corn products.

Small amounts of high quality protein sources. Grass fed and pasture raised is best.

Hydrate early and often.

If you eat properly you can get off of high blood pressure and cholesterol meds in a matter of weeks. That is how powerful of an effect food has on our bodies.

The best defense to viruses is a strong immune system.

Start a thread. Should be fun and enlightening.
All great info. I'm doing low low fat everything. For my cravings no fat yogurt with some berrys and a bit of granola. Relace the Nutrisystem stuff w/ hard boiled egg Cossco chicken striped of skin & fat. And the green stuff.

Reactions: kbray001

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
Add some walnuts or almonds for a healthy portion of fat or even an avocado.

The best part about avocados is they are both a fruit AND a healthy source of fat.

Chickens fed organic feed taste better than the precooked versions on market shelves. Leave the skin on to prevent overcooking and drying out. Toss it before eating.

The fats from nuts and seeds helps your body utilize any supplements you might be taking.

Last edited:

Jaysons999

Internet fisherman
Apr 5, 2015
San marcos
Name
Jay
Boat
16' blue fin "paddy sniffer" 18' Starcraft “Ace of Spades”
Keep at it! I have a few friends that used nurisystem with great results. They did it years ago and still remain just above their target weight. Stick to it good luck.

Reactions: la vida

FISHTRK

Jul 21, 2006
San Diego
Name
Bill
Boat
Parker 2501
Lost 54 lbs in 2.5 months on the Scripps Diet program, from 1-10 till they cancelled the program due to the virus scare. From 330 to 276 feel great and hope they restart the program soon. It's amazing the positive life changes that comes with weight loss.

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
People who say, "everything in moderation", do not understand cravings and addiction.

Trying to lose weight while adding sugars to your diet is nearly impossible.

When you consume fat and sugar at the same time your body shifts into fat storage mode rather than fat burning mode.

It also tells your brain to repeat the temporary pleasurable experience of eating it. After you cut added sugars out of your diet the cravings will be far less troublesome and weight loss becomes easier than it has ever been in the past.

Waffling back and forth will make it clear to you that it is hard to lose weight when trying to consume it in moderation. Toss the sugar sack in the garbage where it belongs. Your taste buds will thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: watersdeep

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
But really guy, I was looking and I lost 74lb so far w/ 60 to go.
Do I got some great support and advise here but really the reason I posted my life struggles was to see if there was any of my BD folks wanted to join in on a reduction plan. Weekly reports on the success or failures. Because I know I'm not alone in this. One of our fearless leaders changed drastically, but we didnt know he was to be a now TV star!!
Anyway the path is real for me and it's my time.

Reactions: One_Leg

skrilla

allirks
May 26, 2006
San Diego
Name
Len
Boat
plastic fantastic
Awesome news keep it up! Good to see you writing down your progress. Log everything. Your numbers will not lie.

I'm on a different journey in strength. But logging everything, weight, calories, sleep, activity, etc... has kept me on the right path. Can't argue the numbers.

Keep us posted.

Fins in the Bin

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
50 Silverton
Very cool! keep it up! I keep saying as soon as I can get through a couple more weeks of backlogged construction work, I will have all the time I can handle to get back in shape. I did all the same things you are talking about 4-5 years ago and the weight fell off me pretty quickly too. (it just shows you how getting old and eating crap food/beer in way larger portions than needed wrecks the body)

Reactions: la vida and One_Leg

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Very cool! keep it up! I keep saying as soon as I can get through a couple more weeks of backlogged construction work, I will have all the time I can handle to get back in shape. I did all the same things you are talking about 4-5 years ago and the weight fell off me pretty quickly too. (it just shows you how getting old and eating crap food/beer in way larger portions than needed wrecks the body)

Truth .

nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
But really guy, I was looking and I lost 74lb so far w/ 60 to go.
Do I got some great support and advise here but really the reason I posted my life struggles was to see if there was any of my BD folks wanted to join in on a reduction plan. Weekly reports on the success or failures. Because I know I'm not alone in this. One of our fearless leaders changed drastically, but we didnt know he was to be a now TV star!!
Anyway the path is real for me and it's my time.

Start a thread!

That fearless leader you mention was doing keto. Ask your doctor about it. Healthy fats, low carb! You feel full from the healthy fats like avocado, nuts, and get to eat cheese and meat. There are tons of yummy keto food options and recipes available. People doing keto are seeing great results and end up being taken off diabetes and heart medications thanks to the results. You don't have to purchase any special package dehydrated gross meals and it's all stuff you can find in the grocery stores. It's been around for many years. Watch the netflix "Magic Pill" documentary to learn more.

dylan Hameister

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 17, 2016
Seal Beach, CA, USA
Name
Dylan Hameister
Boat
The one with blood on the deck
start doing some moderate cardio... something to get the blood flowing. it will increase your metabolism which will eat up that fat. also try intermittent fasting. get a program down and stick to it!! your doing great. Hats off to yah

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
If you walk as if you you were late to an important meeting you will elevate your heart rate.

This will create an aerobic state which increases oxygen uptake.

45 minutes-twice a week is about all most people need but 45 minutes a day would be like, 3.33 times better.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Yes when I can I walk on a treadmill. 25-20 ,minutes twice a day. I save been at this.
Got a call a week ago everything canceled. No preop appointments no surgery. No clue when Kaiser will open up.

Just sucks living in this bone pain. SUCKS.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
@la vida Check this out. If you ever listen to coast to coast, you’ve heard these guys.

I’ve heard them say with their healthy bone and joint pack, you could possibly avoid your surgery.