Los Padres Turkey Spots?

cbrwsrf4i

Jan 30, 2011
Newbury Park, CA
Name
Craig
anybody know of any good spots for turkey this spring season in the los padres national forest around santa barbara/lockwood valley area? thanks...

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
A few years ago, I was up there looking for hogs and I saw some in a campground south of lake Cachuma. As far as finding an area to hunt them... It's probably going to take some serious legwork and scouting.
Most turkey hunters would sooner take a swift kick in the nuts :Kick_emoticon: than give up their turkey spot.
Here's a link with online NF maps. you might consider calling the dfg office in that area and see if they can help you out.
Good luck.

Region 5 Online Maps

Chrislarson757

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2011
United States
Name
Chris L
Boat
When I get one...
Old thread I found but want to revive it. I’m going fishing in Cachuma this April and would love to bring the bow or shotgun for a chance at a bird or hog. I’m even open to a guide on private if it’s not too expensive. Just want to make the most of the trip. Any intel is very much appreciated.

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Old thread I found but want to revive it. I’m going fishing in Cachuma this April and would love to bring the bow or shotgun for a chance at a bird or hog. I’m even open to a guide on private if it’s not too expensive. Just want to make the most of the trip. Any intel is very much appreciated.
Gotta pay to play up in that area of CA. Hire a guide if you want any success. Starting price is around $800/hog and $1200/turkey.

Reactions: Chrislarson757

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
I work in the Santa Ynez valley and see a bunch of turkeys driving thru the area around lake cuchuma almost every time. They're up there but I don't know where you can legally hunt.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
They are all around on the private Ranch's but to find a place to legally hunt is impossible. Everything is posted!! Guides are the way to go unless you know someone with a Ranch? Other wise you only have National Forest or BLM land...GL

Reactions: CartridgeCalls