Looking for the BEST Maui Fishing Charter

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Reports Forum' started by AZWILDCAT, Feb 5, 2013.

1. AZWILDCAT

AZWILDCAT Newbie

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Azking
    Hello,

This is my first time on this forum and I am looking for some advice. You see my wife and I are heading to Maui in June of 2013. This is a much needed 7 day vacation for us. You see my wife was diagnosed with stomach cancer in March 2012. My wife faught through 8 chemotherapy treatments and a complete stomach removal. She is finally done with treatment and she had her first clean in scan at the end of January.

With that said I am hoping to take her on an amazing private fishing charter while we are in Maui. We are both very avid hunters and we fish a little. We always enjoy deep sea fishing together. The only place that I have found any reviews on Maui sportfishing is on tripadvisor.com. Based on the reviews on this website it appears that Extreme Fishing Maui is the best option. I am hoping that those of you on this site can provide me with some insight to your personal experiences with sportfishing in Maui.

I appreciate any help you can provide. I am looking for your recommendations based on your personal experience. I want to book with a professional operation who stands behind their service. Besides the obvious question of who is the best charter on the island here are some other questions I have:

What are the most important questions to ask a fishing charter prior to booking?
    Is live bait crucial to a successful trip?
    Do most charters give you some of the prime fish you catch?
    How is the fishing in Maui in June?
    What type of fish should we expect to catch?

If I am missing anything please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Brian

2. Morris Lures

Morris Lures Pirate

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    FORCE- Lil Toot 3
    Start Me Up hands down is one of the best Maui Charters.

3. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Some important questions are:
    What type of fish do I want to target?
    How's the fishing at this point in time?
    How long of a trip do I want to do?
    What time am I willing to depart from the harbor?
    What's the condition of the boat?
    How about the tackle?
    How's the weather?
    Should I be concerned about motion sickness?
    Will the moon interfere with catching live bait?

Live bait is not essential, but it usually helps. Most charters will fillet fish for you. The fishing this June could be great or it might be slow (every year is different). On any given day, one might catch mahi, ono, tuna, and/or marlin.

Aloha,
    Jonny

4. Ali

Ali Master of Nothing Admin

Name:
    That Guy
    Boat:
    31' Innovator
    X3 on Start Me up. Can't go wrong.

5. Redwine

Redwine Put Me Outside Admin

Name:
    Derek
    Boat:
    BoldWater
  6. crambo

crambo Fat boy is loosing waight

Name:
    KEN CRAM
    Boat:
    21 THUNDER JET "SALTWATER COWBOY"
    i fished with stat me up last year w/4 buddys charted the hole boat had a good time. when you get there just walk around and look at the 15 or more charters and take your pick. make shure that you will have live bait and you get to hook your fish.(set the hook) if you whant fish to take back and eat at your condo tell them that before you book. the fish belong to the boat. tiping should be 20% if you have a good trip

7. DIABLITO

DIABLITO Newbie

I have fished on the Die Hard. Had a very good trip! I am in town now and will be boarding the Start Me Up early action trip tomorrow. I have heard good things. So I will have my opinion tomorrow.