looking for spot on tuna run

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Okay guys., i am looking for another tuna trip or two before winter. have my own boat so not looking for a boat ride. here is what i can bring to the game:

Gear:
4 live bait rods (rain shadow and trevala mix) with accurate 2 speed reels spooled with 50# braid and 30# fluoro top shot.

2 trolling rods with lever drag reels with 80# braid and 100# flouro top shot.

4 tanacom combos (if you like electric in your trolling spread)

1 swim bait spinning set up with 50# braid and 30# flouro top shot.

Zuker Clones, savage gear sand eels, cedar plugs, squid nation flippy floppy things, etc. Slow pitch, butterfly, and knife jigs. swim baits.

Have my own offshore pfd, rain gear, boots, knives, pliers, brain spike.

Hooks ready to go.

Skills:
Know my knots: perfection loop, uni- uni for braid splice, Albright for braid to mono.

Can set out a spread to captains orders, and clear them also.

Know the critical nature and actions needed to convert from troll fish to bait stop. Can collar hook, vent hook and lower gill hook for successful swimmers.

Can brain spike in the right spot, and bleed fish. know importance of quick bleed and chill to quality of fish.

Can clean a boat. Not just hose it down but scrub it clean.

More than happy to bring hot dish breakfast of hashbrowns, sausage, eggs, cheese, pico di gallo, and sour cream.

I haven't had a lot of gaffing experience and need more.

Can cark (have great, sharp knives) but my wrists aren't as strong so found i am slow. This is where my boat cleaning is a good trade off.

With my spinal cord injury my legs can get tired at end of day. don't use cane on boat, but if i fall over, the first asshole who calls Greenpeace or gets the garden hose will get shanked in the nuts with the brain spike. I do hold my own!

Can contribute my fair share for gas, ice and bait.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    I’d take you in a second if I hadn’t already packed up for the year and moved back home :(

Reactions: liltrouble
    Upvote 0

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
    Jan 6, 2012
    Black Diamond
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    JuiceBox2
    Dang it Shari!! We are in Westport on the Tuna Attack tomorrow.

You seem like good peeps and their for the poor gal that got hurt! Certainly welcome on the Juice when got room!

Thanks for being a welcome fisher to BD!

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Shari is D shiznit for sure, we started talking about putting your autopilot on the nmea 2000 bus and she knows her shit:)

Upvote 0

robodad

BullShitoligest
    Mar 5, 2012
    Port Angeles
    Name
    Allen
    Boat
    26' Olympic XLF
    Shari is D shiznit for sure, we started talking about putting your autopilot on the nmea 2000 bus and she knows her shit:)

Weather it's boating, boat maintenance, fishing, fishing rules, fish cleaning or making breakfast even the experts call Shari for advice. If I had a boat set up for tuna fishing she would be at the top of the list for crew.
    If I could only squeeze some of her shrimping knowledge out of her now I might just catch some !! :notworthy

Upvote 0

rickstah

Ocean ho.
    Nov 24, 2013
    Bremerton
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    19' Maxum for the Sound / Ocean boat-ho
    Sounds like you just need to put together a tuna crew! I bet we could put together a crew of quick learning noobs with your slip neighbor.. Just sayin.

Upvote 0