Looking for SD 1.5 day tuna trip,,, Tomorrow!

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
Hey All,

It looks like the alby bite is back on and I'm looking at 1.5+ day tuna trips for later this week. I'm not familiar with most of the SD boats and need to find out which boats you have had good experiences with. Here's the boats that fit into my schedule for the next few days:

Pacific Dawn (never ridden, 3 out of 18 booked, might cancel?)
Cherokee Geisha (never ridden, been fishing with Cpt. Dave before)
New Lo-An (never ridden, heard good things)
Condor (??????)
Prowler (??????)
Renegade (?????)
BMS 2.5 day trip (took a few trips 4-5 years ago, OK boat)

I'm interested in the Pacific Dawn since she has a limited load of 18,,, but with only 3 booked right now, I assume chances are good that the trip might be canceled or reservations moved to another boat. I really have no clue on most of these boats and don't want to get stuck with a $300 boat ride.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

duanediego

fish hard.
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Duane
Boat
Pinnacle - Parker 2520XLD
Hey All,

It looks like the alby bite is back on and I'm looking at 1.5+ day tuna trips for later this week. I'm not familiar with most of the SD boats and need to find out which boats you have had good experiences with. Here's the boats that fit into my schedule for the next few days:

Pacific Dawn (never ridden, 3 out of 18 booked, might cancel?)
Cherokee Geisha (never ridden, been fishing with Cpt. Dave before)
New Lo-An (never ridden, heard good things)
Condor (??????)
Prowler (??????)
Renegade (?????)
BMS 2.5 day trip (took a few trips 4-5 years ago, OK boat)

I'm interested in the Pacific Dawn since she has a limited load of 18,,, but with only 3 booked right now, I assume chances are good that the trip might be canceled or reservations moved to another boat. I really have no clue on most of these boats and don't want to get stuck with a $300 boat ride.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan
Condor & NLA are both excellent choices. Good luck and hope you can get out and get on some fish!

tunajeff

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff
Boat
xxx
1 spot open!!!!

The best albacore fishing of the season continues in 1.5 day range
Last open party trip of the Tuna season
Departs Tues. sept 18th 9pm fishing sept 19th returning sept 20th
425.00 per angler
All included
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Soda Beer Water, Fish Cleaning & Mexican Permits

Old Number 7 Sportfishing - Custom 4-Pak Charters

Call 310-373-6516 to book your spot

popeye

Aug 26, 2004
torrance ca
Name
dave clark
Boat
NEW 2006 CRESTLINE
PACIFIC DAWN that a good name for that boat it take untill dawn to get anywere
on that sloooow boat NEVER AGAIN!!!

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
1 spot open!!!!

The best albacore fishing of the season continues in 1.5 day range
Last open party trip of the Tuna season
Departs Tues. sept 18th 9pm fishing sept 19th returning sept 20th
425.00 per angler
All included
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Soda Beer Water, Fish Cleaning & Mexican Permits

Old Number 7 Sportfishing - Custom 4-Pak Charters

Call 310-373-6516 to book your spot
Go with Jeff!!...he put us on Albacore like nobody's business and gave us a great trip!! Great operation & crew

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
PACIFIC DAWN that a good name for that boat it take untill dawn to get anywere
on that sloooow boat NEVER AGAIN!!!
Thanks for the heads-up!

The Old #7 6-pack sounds interesting. How does the reduced bait capacity affect tuna fishing, 12 scoops on the Old #7 compared to 200+- scoops on the bigger boats? It seems the bigger boats would hold a school of fish easier with that huge load of bait and increased chumming ability? Are there any big positives or negatives about fishing a 6-pack, outside of only having 6 fisherman on the boat and better service?

tunajeff

Dec 18, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff
Boat
xxx
First off you have to understand that we dont need to catch 300 fish to have a good day so the bait is not even an issue. I cant remember a trip wear we have ran out of bait unless it all rolls. Due to poor quality or to many water temp changes. If you check on an average basis our fish per angler is almost always higher then the spot fleet

hung380

Apr 30, 2007
newbury park
Name
hung
Boat
2006 trophy pro 1902
Thanks for the heads-up!

The Old #7 6-pack sounds interesting. How does the reduced bait capacity affect tuna fishing, 12 scoops on the Old #7 compared to 200+- scoops on the bigger boats? It seems the bigger boats would hold a school of fish easier with that huge load of bait and increased chumming ability? Are there any big positives or negatives about fishing a 6-pack, outside of only having 6 fisherman on the boat and better service?
Yeah!! You dont have to compete with 25-30 other fishermans, less tangle. I think bumpier ride will be the only drawback.
My 2 choices would be old7 and Lo-an. You cant go wrong with those 2 boats.

Jonny D

Pelagic Hunter
Jul 30, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Jon
Boat
34-luhrs-Osprey
running out on wend. leaving tues night looking for an extra guy.150 for fuel

Rhatical

Captain
Oct 22, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Bob
Boat
SD Fleet
Have fished the Prowler several times and am really impressed with it - great crew, clean, tight operation all around. Have heard consistent positive reports for both the New Lo-An and Condor, so would not hesitate to try either of those as well.

Rhatical

Captain
Oct 22, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Bob
Boat
SD Fleet
By the way, anyone know why it says "Gilligan" under my name? Laughed when I noticed it, but not sure if it's some type of BD code, or something I set up accidentally....?

greener

Aug 24, 2007
North County
Name
Aaron
Boat
SLIDEWAYS!!!!
IF THE LEGEND IS RUNNING I WOULD DEFENTLY FOR SURE GO WITH THEM !!!!!NEVER A BAD TRIP ON THE LEGEND!!! ALWAYS COME HOME WITH SOME MEAT PILLOWS !!!!

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Dan,
No question about it, Id jump on the New Lo-An. Pacific Dawn is also one of my favorites fishing with Pat (not slow, but average) and kills fish, but with the light load, that may not go, you be better off on the NLA. They fish HARD. Good luck

TanglinSabiki

Sep 14, 2007
La Jolla
Name
Matt
Boat
NA
First off you have to understand that we dont need to catch 300 fish to have a good day so the bait is not even an issue. I cant remember a trip wear we have ran out of bait unless it all rolls. Due to poor quality or to many water temp changes. If you check on an average basis our fish per angler is almost always higher then the spot fleet
It looks like you only do six packs. Will you do individual anglers too if given enough notice? My friends think Im crazy for spending this much money on fishing.

Jurel Hunter

We need to talk about your fishing reports.
Mar 11, 2007
Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
FV Soldandgone
New Lo-Ann.
Great boat - low to water, nice deck space.
Picked up 6 albies a week ago on that boat
Capt was cool.
Crew were ok.

johnsangler

johnsangler
Mar 24, 2004
Bay Park / San Diego
Name
Jim Johnson
Boat
18 ft. Bayrunner tin can
New-Loann is a good boat, Skipper kicks ass.
Old no7 is an awesome 6 pack. I would be all over that.
Given the choice the 6 pack is a more quality experience No crowd,
great food, good crew. The only drawback is if it gets rough its a little
tougher to keep your feet underneath you. Jeff is a great skipper. JJ

TurdRoller

What happened?
Mar 22, 2004
Santee
Name
kyle
Boat
Tribute
producer is running a trip or two this weekend...watch the weather too, its been NASTY out there

jesse

Apr 11, 2003
San Diego, Ca
Visit site
Name
Jesse
Boat
18' bayrunner westcoaster
New Lo Ann or the prowler but they are all decent boats..

Good luck dude:)