Looking for Robert

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat Name
17' Whaler
Bobcat season is almost over and my tag is still in my wallet. I am new to this. Do you predator hunters do anything differently to lure in Bobcats vs. Coyotes? Is the technique any different? Do you go to different areas with different habitat? Any help would be mucho appreciated. I hunt a CNF area with very small openings and shooting lanes. I need to get the varmint within 50 yards and I am using a shotgun with buckshot. Need a close encounter of the bobcat kind.

Kevin

Upvote 0

MJB

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat Name
    sold it!!
    Hang a feather/s with fishing line about 15-18" off the ground near your call and use bird distress sounds. Bobs like birds and they take much longer to come in.

Upvote 0

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat Name
    17' Whaler
    Hang a feather/s with fishing line about 15-18" off the ground near your call and use bird distress sounds. Bobs like birds and they take much longer to come in.

Thanks for the tips MJB. I believe my caller has a woodpecker distress setting. I'll give it a try.

Kevin

Upvote 0

Inoculation

Mar 6, 2008
    Yucaipa/CA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat Name
    none
    A decoy works well with cats. The taking longer to come in business is hogwash. And just about any sound you have will work. Last time I checked, nobody had yet spoken to a bobcat to make sure they preferred birds over rabbits or mice.

Upvote 0

speikert

Mar 1, 2013
    Kenai, Alaska
    Name
    Sold It
    Boat Name
    Gone
    X2... Wood pecker in Distress works great on Bobs, 8 out of 10 times they will be sitting on there ass watching and not just running in. good luck

Upvote 0