peesherman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 3, 2010
US
Name
Newellie
Boat
-
Im interested in any 447, 454, 533, 540, 546, 550 sized reels in either C series, S series, G series, NL series or colored as well. Im mainly looking for reels with large SS caps on both side plates and those with short screws instead of the long thru screws, but I'm open depending on what you got.

PM me with anything that you may have.

Thanks

peesherman

Feb 3, 2010
US
Name
Newellie
Boat
-
Yes, thats why I said ''open depending on what you got''. . At the point of the C series reels, Carl wanted to make a ''corrosion resistant'' reel, thus the introduction of the fixed bearing cap. It turned out to be a big disaster with stuck bearings, bearings stuck onto the spool to due to improper tolerances and the plastic adjuster on the clicker side plate would always get chewed up. The long pins seen the most complaints by customers as well due to the severity of corrosion and hassle of removing the pins. However, some C series have the short screws which is one less headache. Mainly looking for C series as a beater.

Last edited:
Reactions: NaterTotts

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
I have a custom limited production Purple S 332 from the 90's.

I became the owner about 15 years ago. It was from Captain Rollo Heyn's collection. His widow gave it to a close friend of mine (a kid at the time).

It's my primary local jigstick reel.

I would sell only for one million dollars (pinky in side of mouth).

In the mean time, it will continue to catch jacks.

peesherman

Feb 3, 2010
US
Name
Newellie
Boat
-
Only a million dollars? Damn good deal. PM sent!!!!

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
One billion? Or maybe 1 trillion? Lol

Reactions: peesherman

peesherman

Feb 3, 2010
US
Name
Newellie
Boat
-
Bump.

FYI...be willing to ship if you have something for sale and offer it to me. Dont string me through the deal and say shipping is an issue at the last minute when originally you said shipping wouldnt be a problem. Its not hard to stick something in a box.