Looking for help in area 10

Srockett

Jul 3, 2020
Washington state
Name
STEVE ROCKETT
Boat
None
Hello, just joined and live in sumner, WA. I have a friend of mine who lives in the Yakima area that mainly fishes the Columbia and bouy 10 but would like to branch out and try fishing area 10 this year. I myself only get to river fish as I have no boat to fish the salt so I don't know much about it but a friend of mine recommended I join BD and that it was a good place to get help and accurate information. Any

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
Aug 11, 2019
PNW
Name
Andre
Boat
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
Lots of guys here who are better than me with more advice than you want to hear.

It would be helpful though if you perhaps noted what kind of fish you might be trying to catch?

Srockett

Jul 3, 2020
Washington state
Name
STEVE ROCKETT
Boat
None
Salmon. Sorry about that. Silvers and/or kings. I've fished area 11 I just know nothing about anything north Redondo. The launches, areas, methods, gear, depths, stuff like that. I appreciate you getting back to me. Thank you.

Reactions: Hard Chargin'

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Welcome, now with no boat, we just need a pic of your GF!

Ducker!

Reactions: RodRage

Hunter Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
I would concentrate on the west side of ten for the king season. The strength of the run is Puyallup and Nisqually fish this year and they tend to migrate down that side. Early the north part of the Marine Area, then follow the fish south. If the fishing is hot the quota may not last and guys who wait for the fish go get down to them will get aced out.

Srockett

Jul 3, 2020
Washington state
Name
STEVE ROCKETT
Boat
None
I would concentrate on the west side of ten for the king season. The strength of the run is Puyallup and Nisqually fish this year and they tend to migrate down that side. Early the north part of the Marine Area, then follow the fish south. If the fishing is hot the quota may not last and guys who wait for the fish go get down to them will get aced out.

Siv

May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
You have a decent ramp at Alki and a good one at Shilshole to access 10 from the east side. The same methods , gear , depths that work in 11 will work in 10. Put in the time , do some research - you will get on them if you have the skills.

Reactions: Srockett

Pipe Dream

Jun 15, 2009
University Place Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
20 foot Grady-White, Pipe Dream
If you aren't tied to the east side of MA10 (and don't want to deal with Seattle) then consider Port of Manchester or Kingston on the west side.