Looking for East Cape captain named Trino or Trinin

plowking

Mar 31, 2017
Seattle
Name
Scott
Boat
Nada
Hi, folks. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. About 5 years ago I fished out of the Los Barriles area with a guide named, I think, Trino. He's from a fishing family. He and his dad have the same name. One goes by Trino and the other, I think, Trinin. At the time he was captaining an aquamarine colored panga, and he was (I was told) one of the few outside guides who could pick up at Rancho Leonero. Anyone know how to get in touch with him or his family's business? Looking to set up something for the fall in East Cape. Thanks!

Upvote 0

pascuale

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Ethan
    Boat
    3rd world country panga fleet
    Trino is out of la Ribera, just down the road. Here is his facebook page. I dont have s number. Maybe that will help.

1343A60B-A87B-4953-A660-90B657DD9F9E.png

Upvote 0

DrHJH

DrHJH
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cheyenne/Wyoming/Laramie
    Name
    Harry Harju
    Boat
    Harvester
    Trino died of brain cancer two years ago while we were there to fish. His son, Trino Jr., known as Trinine because that's what Trino Sr. called him, runs the family business in cooperation with Mike and Cyndee Tripp, in La Ribera. He may be a better fisherman than his Dad. They have three super pangas. Talk to Cyndee at 949-208-2771. We are going there on June 9. He does pick up at Rancho Leonero. We fish with him out of the marina at La Ribera.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pascuale
    Upvote 0

pascuale

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Ethan
    Boat
    3rd world country panga fleet
    Trino died of brain cancer two years ago while we were there to fish. His son, Trino Jr., known as Trinine because that's what Trino Sr. called him, runs the family business in cooperation with Mike and Cyndee Tripp, in La Ribera. He may be a better fisherman than his Dad. They have three super pangas. Talk to Cyndee at 949-208-2771. We are going there on June 9. He does pick up at Rancho Leonero. We fish with him out of the marina at La Ribera.
    Damn, sad to hear. I used to have to go bang on his door to get him out of bed in the morning to fish, lol. But boy he was a good man and a great captain. This was 15-20 years ago. I will have to try his son next time.

Upvote 0

plowking

Mar 31, 2017
    Seattle
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Nada
    Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the contact info. I think I've talked to Mike and/or Cyndee in the past. Maybe they were helping Trino out even before he got sick?

Upvote 0

DrHJH

DrHJH
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cheyenne/Wyoming/Laramie
    Name
    Harry Harju
    Boat
    Harvester
    Yes, they've been his partners for several years. When we were going to Palmas de Cortez he always tried to get me to stay at Tripp's house because it was so far from La Ribera to Los Barriles. Unfortunately, I always had too many people with me. I finally began going to La Ribera instead of Palmas de Cortez because the cost in fuel going to Palmas was ruining his profit. I began fishing with him in the 1980s at Hotel Punta Colorada.

Reactions: pascuale
    Upvote 0