looking for bent butt rod and old 50 or 80 series reel

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Throwing this out there...i am looking for an old bent butt rod and an old 50 or 80 series reel.

This isn't for fishing but my workouts for fishing. I used my arm bike, free weights, and weight stack machine for my first giant blue fin trip last year. it worked as i was able grind for 54 minutes to bring a 325+ # fish to the boat to get picture, pet (Yes dick heads who are mocking me right now, they are so soft and amazing, and i petted it) and release.

I want to focus more on proper mechanics of the reel and the rod so will be making a weight sled to reel from the back of the property. It is ok if the drags are trashed as i don't really need line to play out.

With my spinal cord injury, i have to go through motions a lot to train my legs for real life stuff.

If you got some an old rod missing eyes, crappy drag etc, etc, hit me up. Let me know how much you want for it and we can meet up between the ocean and n sound.

Thanks.

(Or if some of you guys want to help me come up with a prototype adjustable reeling machine, i will happily buy parts/ materials)

Reactions: Nick Rudnick
Upvote 0

jasper hickman

Team RED BEARD
Dec 23, 2014
Everett
Name
jasper
Boat
30’ Osprey
I’ve got a penn international 50 series reel that is heavy as hell, is that something your looking for?
If so I’d be willing to part with it, for your training season or longer.

Upvote 0

sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
I have a extra heavy 5'8" ugly stick missing the top six inches(now 5'2") you are welcome to have, I actually have two to choose from or take both. I am in Redmond.

Reactions: fishe
Upvote 0

Sockeye71

If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!
Jul 5, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Dave
Boat
Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"
There is a Penn Intl 30W on a custom rod approx 36NM West of Gray Harbor...Slightly north of Grays canyon.... Had it pulled out of boat 6 years ago.

If you find it, it might need new braid, bearings, etc etc

Upvote 0