WTB Looking for a mid-80's Whaler Outrage 21/22

Tygerschick

Jul 8, 2020
Redondo Beach, CA
Name
Ty Gerschick
Boat
Si Gorilla
Hi All, Looking for a mid-80's Boston Whaler Outrage 21/22 or similar in SoCal. I have a custom project in mind, so need a good hull but the cheaper the better. (expecting to repower) Thought I found one in Newport Beach, but I was too late. (link below as an example) Any leads would be appreciated.

1987 Whaler Outrage 22 (Newport Beach, CA)
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

acefuture

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat
18 Klamath "Blue Can"
Damn that thing was for sale? No idea how I missed that. I saw it on that yard a few weeks ago and almost went and asked if they'd let it go... Dang

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I saw a 21 Outrage at the boat sales place by Marina Shipyard on 2nd and Marina drive in LB.I know it is older than mine but dont know how old.FWIW,Tom

Tygerschick

Jul 8, 2020
Redondo Beach, CA
Name
Ty Gerschick
Boat
Si Gorilla
I saw a 21 Outrage at the boat sales place by Marina Shipyard on 2nd and Marina drive in LB.I know it is older than mine but dont know how old.FWIW,Tom
Thanks, Tom. Would the place you're referring to be Long Beach Yacht Sales? If so, Not listed in their "inventory" section of their website, but I will give them a call to see if they still have it.

Tygerschick

Jul 8, 2020
Redondo Beach, CA
Name
Ty Gerschick
Boat
Si Gorilla
This one is mine

Thanks. I have seen yours listed, but ... its too nice. I have a very specific vision for how I want to set it up, and it would require redoing work you've already done.

Best of luck with the sale. I'm sure it will move quickly -- especially right now. A friend of mine in the industry told me that 2020 has been the best year they've ever had. Apparently getting a couple of miles offshore is CDC-approved for quarantining 😉

ShadBurke

Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardians
There is a 21 Justice in auction here in so cal. A few days left but it’s at $17.1k currently......

Reactions: Tygerschick

Tygerschick

Jul 8, 2020
Redondo Beach, CA
Name
Ty Gerschick
Boat
Si Gorilla
I got lucky on mine,bought it from a member,only had 54 hrs on the 200 Verado.Tom
That's actually one of two power plants I'm considering (the other being a good old Yamaha). Although I was thinking about trying to push up to a 225 or 250HP. I think the hulls are only rated up to 240 max, but I've heard about people pushing higher without a problem.

How has the 200 Verado worked for you? Happy with it? Enough?

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I thinks its enough for waht I do.24KT cruise a 4000 and 2.1 miles to the gal.Boats very heavy.100 fuel,38 gal bait tank and 4 70lb batteries for the bow motor and engine.Tom

Reactions: Tygerschick