Ranger805

Aug 30, 2016
Ventura CA
Name
John
Boat
Radoncraft
Hi everyone,
I am looking for an chase boat for the Catalina Classic on August 26th. The chase boat I had scheduled broke down last week and it looks like necessary repairs will not be complete by race day. If you are interested in providing support for this event please contact me at 805-218-0851 or reply to this message. I can provide further details and cash for your fuel and time.
Thanks,
John

Upvote 0

Winstondry

Winstondry
Dec 16, 2003
San Diego
Name
Alain
Boat
Ranger Z520L
For anyone considering this, DO IT! It's a ton of fun and worth your time over the weekend, the antics on some of the other boats is worth it alone.

I skippered a chase boat for a Bay area team years ago, they had a boat ready at Newport, all I had to do was get them to and from Newport and Catalina for the races. Unfortunately, the women's team hulied early in their race so they were out of contention early on.

John, if my boat were bigger, I'd consider it.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
what is required of of the boat, size, occupancy load, carrying people or gear, etc.? how long is the vessel and captain needed? what's the going rate?

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I think @sbsurfer has done this before?might have been another one of the radon/Anderson guys if not him.

Upvote 0

ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
    Oct 28, 2005
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Shad Burke
    Boat
    22' Boston Whaler Guardian
    I have one boat and captain available for this event. 7 of my boats/captains have been booked already for this event. Rates start at $1,200.

Call if interested.

Shad Burke

Upvote 0

Ranger805

Aug 30, 2016
    Ventura CA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Radoncraft
    Winstondry,
    I agree with your take on the race. I crewed on a chase boat last year and enjoy the time on the water and some of the antics that were witnessed.

Upvote 0

Ranger805

Aug 30, 2016
    Ventura CA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Radoncraft
    kindafishy,
    The boat needs to be 12' or bigger have a compass and a VHF radio. Not much more than that. Let me know if you would consider being a chase boat. I have transportation and sleeping arrangements for Saturday. Just need someone to follow me back to Manhattan Pier. As ShadBurke posted his going rate is $1200. I had a boat lined up that was quite a bit less but he had mechanical issues while he was out last week. So the search begins. I am hoping to find someone somewhere in the middle.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat
    kindafishy,
    The boat needs to be 12' or bigger have a compass and a VHF radio. Not much more than that. Let me know if you would consider being a chase boat. I have transportation and sleeping arrangements for Saturday. Just need someone to follow me back to Manhattan Pier. As ShadBurke posted his going rate is $1200. I had a boat lined up that was quite a bit less but he had mechanical issues while he was out last week. So the search begins. I am hoping to find someone somewhere in the middle.

i tried to call left a message.

Upvote 0

Ranger805

Aug 30, 2016
    Ventura CA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Radoncraft
    I did get both messages. I will return the calls tomorrow morning. I have been on a shutdown with work and haven't had a chance to call back. Thanks for your interest.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat
    WHERES THE CAPTAINS MEETING? AND WHAT TIME?

Upvote 0

ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
    Oct 28, 2005
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Shad Burke
    Boat
    22' Boston Whaler Guardian
    Your paddler knows.........

Around 5pm +/- Saturday 8/26 by the stage outside the general store at the isthmus.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0