Offshore Looking for a buddy boat (San Diego)

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    If my boat ramp is open I’m going to launch out of MCRD tomorrow and go out to the tuna grounds. I haven’t been out there yet so I’m looking to head out with someone. If my boat ramp isn’t open I’m not going to try and battle the crowd at shelter island. Anyone taking their boat out and want to link up?

Upvote 0

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
    CHINO
    Name
    JOEY
    Boat
    KAYAK
    Im tempted but will pass and let the mayhem die down opening weekend. But there will be tons of PB's out there at all the ramps, so just ask them or hell just follow all the wakes heading out. Good luck!

Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Im tempted but will pass and let the mayhem die down opening weekend. But there will be tons of PB's out there at all the ramps, so just ask them or hell just follow all the wakes heading out. Good luck!

If it’s too crowded I’ll probably just venture away from people. I’m trying to stay away from the ramps if I can.

Upvote 0

Ryanbrandeburg

Land of the Free
    Mar 10, 2018
    The abyss
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Ranger 2510
    MCRD ramp is open, but the boat house is closed. Careful trying to get someone with trying to get someone to buddy boat harbor patrol is in full force.

Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    MCRD ramp is open, but the boat house is closed. Careful trying to get someone with trying to get someone to buddy boat harbor patrol is in full force.

Did they take the cones away from the ramp? I checked on my boat last week and it was blocked off. Looks like I might be bottom fishing

Upvote 0

Ryanbrandeburg

Land of the Free
    Mar 10, 2018
    The abyss
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Ranger 2510
    I was also there last week and didn't see the cones. There was a sign on the door that said launch at your own risk boathouse closed. Good luck.

Upvote 0

kimedquid

Nov 13, 2014
    Name
    kim
    Boat
    F21
    I’m going on thursday birdmode 😆 if you want to buddy up let me know. Fins were seen down south.

Upvote 0

Professionull1

San Diego, CA
    Jun 17, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    Barfy
    Shelter Island launch ramp is open. Was there yesterday to fish the bay even with big spots of tomato soup from the red tide. Fish were hungry and biting even in the murk. You just can't all launch at once as you're only allowed 4 vehicles max on the launch ramp. Boating club was regulating it per the current rules.

Mission Bay/Dana landing launch ramp is open too, you're just not allowed to park in the lot adjacent to the launch ramp and there are no parking signs posted on the street that wraps around the lot which is pretty stupid.

Upvote 0

jcs612

On Deck
    Mar 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    JC
    Boat
    My Mojo
    MRCD opened boat ramp on June 1st. MX waters are loaded with bluefin and yellowfin tuna, mostly 25-40 lb grade. Good luck

Upvote 0