Looking for a 1.5 boat out to SCI in Sept

Discussion in 'Southern CA Sport Boat Trip Planning' started by Surfersteve79, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Surfersteve79

Surfersteve79 Member

Name:
    Steven
    Boat:
    Aztec
    I’ve had a good season like many anglers out of SD. Caught all the exotics plus a moose Yellowtail. What I don’t have is a Bluefin. A larger sized yellowfin or bull dorado would be a happy default. I have not done a 1.5 trip yet to put me into Cowland range. I like the ease of getting in/out of Seaforth Landing BUT it’s hard getting any information in advance about any boats specifically headed out that way to target the bigger Bluefin. So I’m open to go to another landing. I was just aboard the Aztec w/ Captain Greg. I loved the boat, the crew, and especially the layout of that boat. Super comfy bunks! I don’t know if he targets BFT but a boat with similar creature comforts with an experienced crew would be ideal.

Can anyone offer any insights for a boat going out of any landings Sept 15th or 16th or alternatively Sept 29th or 30th? I don’t want my 100lb outfit I bring every trip thus far to keep collecting salt!

2. BrokenBackRebel

BrokenBackRebel GringoJustin

Name:
    Justin Ryan
    Boat:
    Mi Sueño/Aztec/Apollo
    9C18721C-19F7-4A6E-8B7F-8449579FEE8C.jpeg 3D99D2C1-C3C3-4E1A-8F05-490874FA674F.jpeg 7E92613E-2C3D-4CA0-B970-44A011389A6B.jpeg F7B92CB3-F181-4EFA-8DDB-A27A08FBCF0A.jpeg
    We get in our fair share of BFT fishing.
    View attachment 955402

3. BrokenBackRebel

BrokenBackRebel GringoJustin

Name:
    Justin Ryan
    Boat:
    Mi Sueño/Aztec/Apollo
  4. Surfersteve79

Surfersteve79 Member

Name:
    Steven
    Boat:
    Aztec
    ok point well taken Justin! I’ll keep my eyes open for the Aztec’s Sept schedule and if I need to I’ll leave Reed @ Seaforth my info to give to you and Captain Greg to please let me know if you are going to take a shot at those during my windows of opportunity. If you are going on alternative dates I might have to call into work with Bluefin fever for a couple of days.

BrokenBackRebel likes this.
  5. Haly0

Haly0 Pescado hunter

Name:
    Hal
    Boat:
    lightest load party boat available
    I personally think Seaforth has the largest group of boats that all kill bft. Tribute, pride, Aztec, the voyagers, outer limits, and now prowler. All the captains running those vessels have some serious experience. They all murdered bft last year and have been doing so this year as well.