Jul 15, 2004
CA
Name
Bryan
Boat
Glacier Bay 2240SX
After that last GPS Comment, I not sure I want you as my HO.:nutkick:

But then again, You are one Paddy Spottin Fool. :notworthy

Might have to reconsider, and sleep on it...

skiffhunter

Feb 22, 2006
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom
Boat
Looking for a new one
If I can up the $$$ thn the DC's are definitely in the picture. If we have to stay under 20K for now I think entry ski boat for bay and kelp and skip the nados.

Lobdivr3030

Aug 26, 2006
Olivenhain,CA
Name
Tom
Boat
21 Seaswirl Striper
Just buy a boat. Then you can sell it and move up, and buy another. It's all in making up your mind and gettin' in the game. Sometimes you have to buy the second one before you sell the first. Then you can have TWO boats! You can never have too many boats. Sooner or later your wife will agree that one boat for the freshwater and one for the salt is better. Boats are like cars/trucks, one can't do it all. You have to start with something then add to it. Ever hear of a one car garage? The sooner you get wifey to "share" your passin for watercraft the "better" the quality of life becomes. Now "get it on"!

skiffhunter

Feb 22, 2006
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom
Boat
Looking for a new one
Just buy a boat. Then you can sell it and move up, and buy another. It's all in making up your mind and gettin' in the game. Sometimes you have to buy the second one before you sell the first. Then you can have TWO boats!
LOL- I have 3 boats right now. Wife says they all have to go before she gives me another dime.

I've already done the buy it and trade up part, too many project boats in my past and not enough time- thats why I'm asking all the ???s No more projects!!!

JBait

Selfish Bastard
May 1, 2003
Hemet
Visit site
Name
Ole
Boat
Davis Bahia 25
Whatever you do, test each one before you buy. Each hull has a different design, (dead-rise, strake design, beam) and will handle different (rock/roll, porpoise, etc..). Outboards will have a different center of gravity than an inboard so thats another thing to consider. Take your time bro, get some more information and then make the call.

pacific p

Pilothouses
Mar 9, 2006
Fallbrook, Ca.
Name
Ed
Boat
22' Guardian
You can buy an 18' boat with an open deck and put a premanufactured pilothouse on it from pacificpilothouse.com and you can then travel farther off shore with confidence. The wife will even have privacy using a portapotty inside the pilothouse. Some boat manufacturers like Carolina Skiffs have new 20' boats with open decks for about $14,000.00. Order an Albacore model pilothouse for $4,600 (last years model) and you can have a brand new pilothouse boat for about $20,000.00. You can also search for a used model and probably save even more. Call Ed or Mike 877-613-4700

osideloco

takes one to know one
Dec 20, 2005
in a van down by the river
Name
Matt
Boat
on Saturdays
Like most have said, know what you are going to use it for and go from there. I bought my current boat a 22' bayliner cierra witht the family in mind, come to find out all my kids get seasick and want nothing to do with the boat. So my wife and I use it for fishing and to escape the kids. Overall it has been a good boat and get's the job done, the stabin cabin comes in handy. It may be a Bayliner but it's paid for.