• Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    HM 1.PNG
    HM 2.PNG
    I updated my HDS-12 gen3 software and WHAT! what is this new feature heat map?
    essentially it plots a wide swath behind the boat that reflects the water temps you just drove over. so the more you troll the better picture you get. plus you can look back and see exactly where the break started!
    fo Fwee! yes really, quietly with no fanfare they released probably the most significant software change they ever released:)
    I didn't grab any plotter shots while I was out fishing but here are a couple from the web.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jasper H and Titan
    Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    Funny, notice it's identical software, I guess navionics, lowrance and simrad are all the same.
    Notice it's the exact same software, not close, exact.

Upvote 0

Titan

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 12, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV and San Diego
    Name
    Kamen
    Boat Name
    Mikelson 43 SF
    Funny, notice it's identical software, I guess navionics, lowrance and simrad are all the same.
    Notice it's the exact same software, not close, exact.

Navico owns Lowrance, Simrad and B&G. Lots of sharing and copying going on between those three brands because of that. New technology seems to come out under the Simrad brand first, to capture the high-end of the market, then trickles down to the other two. At least it used to be that way. I have not looked at their latest offerings.

Navionics is a different, unrelated company.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    Navico owns Lowrance, Simrad and B&G. Lots of sharing and copying going on between those three brands because of that. New technology seems to come out under the Simrad brand first, to capture the high-end of the market, then trickles down to the other two. At least it used to be that way. I have not looked at their latest offerings.

Navionics is a different, unrelated company.

yeah I meant navico, stupid iphone

Upvote 0