Longfins yet?

BBLU

Jun 29, 2020
Boise
Name
Captain
Boat
BBLU
When do the Albies show up in OR? I'm from SD and miss the the taste of bacon-wrapped Albie meat. Is there a particular boat and port you might recommend? TIA
BBLU on 72

curtisD

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 18, 2009
Or
www.yahoo.com
Name
curt
Boat
43 Delta
I’m thinking 2-3 weeks minimum for sustained action.
I also think fish will be caught in the next week.
I’m ready. Trips booked but not til late July/early Aug.
hope it’s similar to last year.

• Love
Reactions: Meanwhile and BBLU

BBLU

Jun 29, 2020
Boise
Name
Captain
Boat
BBLU
Do they stay out that far usually or come in closer as the summer progresses? I'm from San Diego so I've always just drooled over the OR coast posts. Maybe a cattle boat is in my future. Sigh.

curtisD

Mar 18, 2009
Or
www.yahoo.com
Name
curt
Boat
43 Delta
Do they stay out that far usually or come in closer as the summer progresses? I'm from San Diego so I've always just drooled over the OR coast posts. Maybe a cattle boat is in my future. Sigh.
I caught them 9 miles out last year.
Average distance 25-45 miles.
Lots of head boats chase them. Plenty on the Oregon coast to chose from. $260-320 per person is probably price range for most charters

Reactions: BBLU

no excuses

Jun 11, 2012
Oregon/USA
Name
Stan
Boat
sea-doo fish pro
I hear Newport will be offloading sport caught albies today. Westport WA did yesterday. Hoping the CR and Garibaldi also today.

no excuses

Jun 11, 2012
Oregon/USA
Name
Stan
Boat
sea-doo fish pro
You can also jump on a 6 pack boat.

BBLU

Jun 29, 2020
Boise
Name
Captain
Boat
BBLU
Ran out to the 125 today out of Bandon for no love!! Beautiful day though, just great to be out on the water !!!
Thanks for the update. That's the nature of Albies, no nothing and then when you do find them it's a buffet. I had one soaking with 4 friends in formation. While I was slapping my sea sick neighbor back to reality. They haven't showed up anywhere close to SD for years. The BFT on the hand has been off hook. 200# 8 miles off Carlsbad was a mind blower.

Last edited:
Reactions: cow man

Southocg

Nov 27, 2012
Coeur D Alene Idaho
fsfabco.com
Name
Jim
Boat
Tail Whip
Tracking this as well - Long time So Cal guy but now live in Coeur D Alene and will be dragging the boat over real soon I hope. Would love to partner up with another boat(s), I'm usually alone but work like hell to get on the fish.

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
Brookings, Southern Oregon
Name
Chris Berlin
Boat
21 Arima Ranger
You see this map? if you want better chance to fish around like kind then stick in the shaded area! The port of charleston at coos-bay is a big ship deep water bar and usually the tuna are only around 20 miles out when they are in closer. Popular tuna port and getting more popular as this albacore craze keeps building.

Limited motels etc at charleston but plenty in coos-bay. The best place to fish out of is where I live..and thats why I live here... brookings. last year we had fish 15 miles out but usually we have to run another 15-20 miles to find them.

We have been plagued by strong offshore winds due to heat. So noone is getting offshore. gale winds int he south. dont know about the north as would never go there.

3B2B210B-E863-411D-A0CC-716EF86B8AC6.jpeg

Meanwhile

Dec 13, 2005
Warren, Oregon
www.meanwhilecharters.com
Name
Randy Kane
Boat
2007 Grady White Marlin, 30.5', w/twin 250's
The last reports from Columbia and Garibaldi had albacore far offshore again. The last catches were light. I'll post more after Sat.

curtisD

Mar 18, 2009
Or
www.yahoo.com
Name
curt
Boat
43 Delta
Most catches between 124.55 and 125.15.
Basically 42-55 miles out if you go due west.

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
Name
Chris Berlin
Boat
21 Arima Ranger
I saw some come in yesterday at brookings. 70 miles out. peanuts.

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
Name
Chris Berlin
Boat
21 Arima Ranger
ps we are 15 miles further in that the regular coast up north.