Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
From Pacific Queen FB page

Good News! The State of California granted the county of San Diego the authority to reopen several sectors of the economy including sportfishing. Our industry reopening is now in the hands of the San Diego Board of Supervisors and the San Diego county Health officer. District 4 Supervisor Nathan Fletcher claims he is for opening our industry even though he voted against sending a letter to the Governor asking for permission for us to open. Attached are the emails and phone numbers to our San Diego County Supervisors. Please email and call them and let them know how important sportfishing is in your life. Lets stop the bleeding and get our boats back to work!
[email protected] 619-531-5511
[email protected] 619-531-5522
[email protected] 619-531-5533
[email protected] 619-531-5544
[email protected] 619-531-5555
P.S. Please be respectful in your communication with our elected officials.

Your address for Dianne Jacob was wrong...left out the .ca. Here's the correct one:

[email protected]

Reactions: FishRock
Upvote 0

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
Got one reply to my email so far:

Gene,

Thank you for your email regarding sportfishing. I am supportive of all businesses, safely, opening and believe it is possible that all businesses including charter/fishing boats can open safely. On Tuesday, the Board of Supervisors approved a plan (4-1) telling the Governor we are ready to open charter/fishing boats for business.

It's ultimately up to the Governor to decide, but the message is clear from the Board of Supervisors, we are ready to open!

Like you, I am hopeful that restrictions will be lifted soon.

Sincerely,

JIM DESMOND, Vice-Chairman

Fifth District Supervisor

County of San Diego

Upvote 0

Maing

Maing
  • Oct 20, 2017
    Washington
    Name
    Maing
    Boat
    Me yak fer now
    Right from desmond’s emails..there is a YouTube video but it does not mention sportfishing.. however the attachment does say sportfishing will
    Open on the 12th!!mmmmm

3D44E8A2-3CE3-4035-96AC-2B5FA440BF15.png

Upvote 0

Phishy Phil

Almost A Member
    Jun 15, 2019
    SoCal
    Name
    Phil
    Boat
    Vagbond
    My understanding is that the sport fishing fleet has been working with San Diego Health and that the proposed sport fishing protocols are acceptable. I think that in our case, approval will basically be a rubber stamp.

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none
    I am sure that we will all be riding boats again soon but how long will it last? Bottom line is the Covid virus numbers are not going down. I fear that this Covid virus is really going to get bad until we have a vaccine.

Upvote 0

Mr GreenJeans

Aug 23, 2006
    Irvine
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Kayak
    From Fisherman’s Landing website

Almost there!

6/7/2020

Great news anglers!

We will be running trips starting on Monday, June 7th! We have officially been given the go ahead from the neccesary authorities and will be running anything from half day trips to multi day trips. Trips are filling up fast as this day has been greatly anticipated for some time.If you wanna get out on the water give us a call or book online!

As of right now, all passengers must bring a face mask on all trips. Passengers on Overnight trips and longer need to bring their own pillow and blankets. The crews will be cleaning and sanitizing all common areas frequently.

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Vagabond reporting on Facebook that they installed a UV filter/treatment system in their A/C unit to kill bugs, allergens, etc.

Upvote 0

Mr GreenJeans

Aug 23, 2006
    Irvine
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Kayak
    Shogun has an ultra limited load of 14. Tomahawk has a limited load of 25. Dolphin says 30, but I don’t know how many they usually take on a half day.

Upvote 0

afraser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat
    NA
    At least some of the boats should run with lighter loads and corresponding higher prices. Reduce load by 1/3, raise price by 50%, same money for the boat. I can't see getting on a boat with 32 fishermen and another 8-10 crew.

Upvote 0