stank

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
If we reduce the speed limit to to 5mph virtually all deaths from automobile accidents would be eliminated, yet we don't.

Pollution from cars likely kills more than accidents. Cannot make much progress on reducing that with the recent roll back in Federal emission standards. And so many folks who don't believe that emissions are anything to be concerned about. I do like driving fast cars and motorcycles though.

If we banned the sale and use of alcohol the number of alcohol related deaths would be drastically reduced, yet we don't.

The nation tried banning alcohol (Prohibition) and that did not take.

If we banned the sale and use of tobacco the number of smoking related deaths would plummet, yet we don't.

We have banned smoking in most public spaces so non-smokers are less impacted by second hand smoke. And Phillip Morris has done a great job of lobbying and advertising to convince enough people that smoking is not bad for you. Granted that has lead to Vaping which is a whole other thing.

Pot was criminalized for generations and is now legal in many states. The criminalization likely caused more damage than it prevented.

So our nation has been wrestling with how to allow individual freedoms without causing too much collateral damage. In this case there is no economic benefit to COVID-19 except over the long haul for pharmaceutical companies.

Luckily even though fishing is one of the most addicting things in life it remains legal. Thank the God of your choice!

"So our nation has been wrestling with how to allow individual freedoms..."

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
All the people bitching about not being able to fish are the same people bitching about having to wear a mask.

At what point will they realize the two are related?

Maybe their freedumb is connected.
You wear your mask in the house and car while driving don't you ? Help me realize how no fishing and not enjoying the mask are related.

Reactions: marlyn

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Greensboro North Carolina
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
Why didn't you point out the dead guy being "above the law" also ? Where do you get innocent from ? The police just don't go around arresting people to meet a quota.Besides that WTF does this have to do with this thread ?
People in power over stepping their authority. And how wud u like to be treated??? Anyways that’s all just want to go fishing again so California gov newsom is an idiot !!!!!!!

Reactions: Maing and jer dog

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
People in power over stepping their authority. And how wud u like to be treated??? Anyways that’s all just want to go fishing again so California gov newsom is an idiot !!!!!!!
Well i guess if i was arrested and resisted that arrest i would expect to be jumped on,tackled,tazed or even shot on site.But i'm not likely to put myself in that position because i'm not a criminal.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
You wear your mask in the house and car while driving don't you ? Help me realize how no fishing and not enjoying the mask are related.
Lmao,My neighbors are both high school teachers and wear their masks in their car (alone) every day,just saw it again this AM while walking my dog,These are the people teaching our kids.

Artois

Dec 29, 2011
Artois/CA/USA
Name
Roy
Boat
Not Given
Well it hit 500, but it took a shift to political nonsense to get there. I'm so glad I have a place to come to for all of my medical, economic and political information needs rather than having to rely on the usual sources of research. Wasn't the OP's desire to have a solid "reopening plan". 8-), Next up, the great "deduct your fishing trip on your tax return debate".

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
If you believe the CDC, and I have no reason not to:
Over 40,000 Americans die each year in automobile accidents
Over 80,000 Americans die each year of alcohol related diseases each year
Over 400,000 Americans die each year of smoking related diseases each year

If we reduce the speed limit to to 5mph virtually all deaths from automobile accidents would be eliminated, yet we don't.

If we banned the sale and use of alcohol the number of alcohol related deaths would be drastically reduced, yet we don't.

If we banned the sale and use of tobacco the number of smoking related deaths woudl plummet, yet we don't.

I wonder how many guys that previously were having a smoke every hour or two when they got a chance, and only had a couple beers after work are sitting home all day getting hammered and chain-smoking....
This thread has morphed into something, that doesn't even slightly look like, reopening plans for the Long range fleet. Who long can this go onnnnn!!!!

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
This thread has morphed into something, that doesn't even slightly look like, reopening plans for the Long range fleet. Who long can this go onnnnn!!!!
What would you expect when another thread gets started after we've already seen plenty on this same topic ? Do you expect anybody here to come up with the ultimate plan ? I sure wouldn't.

Reactions: marlyn

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
What would you expect when another thread gets started after we've already seen plenty on this same topic ? Do you expect anybody here to come up with the ultimate plan ? I sure wouldn't.
No I dont, but I also didn't think it would turn into a political diatribe, didn't think it would come to people comparing driving cars, drinking alcohol, smoking, and every thing else under the sun! It would be nice just to get back to something that slightly is relevant!

stank

May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
No I dont, but I also didn't think it would turn into a political diatribe, didn't think it would come to people comparing driving cars, drinking alcohol, smoking, and every thing else under the sun! It would be nice just to get back to something that slightly is relevant!

So why not post something that serves to sway the discussion in a direction you approve of rather than just stirring the pot?

weeza

Nov 29, 2011
alta loma,ca.
Name
glenn sarpy
Boat
none
Both the Repubs and Democrats are all killing us. Get rid of every fucking one currently in office.
well said lou when are people gonna swallow their pride, get their head out of their ass, open their eyes and see what the f is going on ! keep america stupid, both the democrats and republicans are laughing their asses of behind close doors !

Reactions: Maing

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
Why are we relying on the government? When In the constitution it says We The People !!!!! NOT WE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS WHAT GOES!!!! Just saying if this shit goes on maybe 6 pack charters is the way to go
We do not control the virus. This is a health issue, not a political issue that so many has made this into. You rights ends when it affects the well being of others. No different than some body breaking into my house and I blow his brains out.

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
Nothing else to do. The government has lost control of this Virus. I think the shitty response to this who thing has been a fuck up from Trump all the way down to the local Mayors. Go buy a gun, you may need it.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Nothing else to do. The government has lost control of this Virus. I think the shitty response to this who thing has been a fuck up from Trump all the way down to the local Mayors. Go buy a gun, you may need it.
Till they protect they small business’s
From law suits, from people saying they caught it on a boat, the insurance company are keeping the SD boats,
From running, I think Trump,
Tried passing something, to do that,
Guess who is fighting him on that,
Lou only one guess.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Just heard pierpoint got pushed back to the 6th for sportboats...also heard the enterprise is approved for 33 .people
If true not good for 3/4 day..
On a hysterical note there were 3 guys on pine ave pier using a throw net for over 2 hours catching chovie..
Pretty sure a throw net is one of the bigger fines in so cal and I saw the gameys busting fools yesterday .
Also I think some people wear a mask now because they dont wanna spray shit all over stuff when coughing or sneezing....yes even in their own car...
Too cautious? Probably but not crazy..

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
So why not post something that serves to sway the discussion in a direction you approve of rather than just stirring the pot?
I didn't feel I was stirring the pot, I always try to post things that promote long range fishing! I try to bring the long range fishing community together, regardless which boat people ride, what rod or reel, rod, or jigs anyone uses. And please don't think I'm attacking you personally, because I'm not! All this vitriol on both sides, doesn't bring us as long range fisherman any closer as a community. I would like to see us optimistic, and grateful that apparently, we are closer to a resolution to this situation! I apologize if I offended you! Long range fishing has given me some of my finest moments on this planet! I hope for you the same, if we are ever fortunate enough to share the rail, you're beer tab is on me!!!

stank

May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
I didn't feel I was stirring the pot, I always try to post things that promote long range fishing! I try to bring the long range fishing community together, regardless which boat people ride, what rod or reel, rod, or jigs anyone uses. And please don't think I'm attacking you personally, because I'm not! All this vitriol on both sides, doesn't bring us as long range fisherman any closer as a community. I would like to see us optimistic, and grateful that apparently, we are closer to a resolution to this situation! I apologize if I offended you! Long range fishing has given me some of my finest moments on this planet! I hope for you the same, if we are ever fortunate enough to share the rail, you're beer tab is on me!!!
I'm not offended, I got skin like a Rhino's ass.

I quit drinking, but you're welcome to cover my parking....