Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Yep, then there's this from Governor Nitwit....just who does he represent??? Screwed up budget priorities IMO.

Barstow veterans home may be forced to close because of CA ...
abc7.com › barstow-veterans-home-california-budget-c...
May 18, 2020 - About 200 veterans may be forced to relocate because a facility in Barstow is slated for closure during the state budget crisis.

Coronavirus: California announces $125 million fund for ...
www.cnbc.com › 2020/04/15 › california-to-give-cash-...
Apr 15, 2020 - California will give cash payments to immigrants living in the country illegally, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Wednesday, using a mix of ...

Pay attention to the names of the two reps.

Reactions: jer dog

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Greensboro North Carolina
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
Just looked at what happened in Minnesota this week when cop thought he was above the law and killed an innocent guy with his knee on his neck handcuffed... kinda like politicians stepping over there power and putting there feet on our throats saying we can’t go fishing,yet their rich friends stay in business?????

Reactions: Maing

talltales

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 22, 2004
Ridgecrest Ca
Name
ron
Boat
2359 Trophy
It’s going to be an awesome tripRegular price too!!!
I would love to jump on this trip, but the thought of wearing a mask for 15 days would just take all of the fun out of the trip for me. I get claustrophobic just going to the store for an hour in one of those things.

Reactions: reellady and marlyn

Mr GreenJeans

Aug 23, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
Kayak
Posted on Fisherman’s Landing earlier today:

Getting closer to running.

5/28/20

We are getting closer to running trips. We are very hopeful we will be running by June. The Sportfishing Fleet was put into Stage 3 and we are in the middle of Stage 2. We at Fisherman's Landing and its fleet are taking all precautions to keep our customers and crews safe. We are waiting for local and state officials to give us the "Green Light" to start fishing. With other landings up the coast starting operations we expect to be getting our clearance very soon.

Keep calm, carry on.

ExBacklasher

Old guy
Oct 17, 2012
Agoura Hills
Name
Chuck
Boat
Any one that I can hop on
Keep calm!!! I have signed up for fou different trips, all that canceled at last minute. My mental health is at risk. I need to kill some tuna.

strackle99

Mar 20, 2008
Villa Lepro, Baja
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
All the people bitching about not being able to fish are the same people bitching about having to wear a mask.

At what point will they realize the two are related?

Maybe their freedumb is connected.

Castlepadre

Jan 28, 2020
Costa Mesa
Name
Mateo
Boat
WorldCat
I really hate the point that other illnesses and accidents are devastating so adding another one means what?..its no big deal?we shouldn't try to minimize death?we shouldn't strictly adhere to the advice of pandemic experts?
By reminding everyone that we have many things that devastate lives and families how should that change the reaction to another one that has reportedly taken 100,000 Americans in 3 months...
There is no doubt that they made many mistakes while picking which businesses and activities to close but in this unprecedented event in our lifetimes I'm not surprised that happened
I in no way minimized the impact and would never say any death isn't a huge deal. If you want to disagree with me cool, hard to argue with the data though. I looked at the numbers that the experts are providing and did my own research and shared what i found. What data do you think is in accurate or where is the logic flawed, happy to learn from you or anyone, i don't have all the answers? There are experts on every side of this issue, which experts should we listen to? specifically? the ones who got the projections so wrong, the ones that say it spreads through surface contact, then reverse it to only then reverse it again? Are you confident that 100,000 of those deaths are caused by covid? Dr. Deborah Burks stated she cant trust the CDC's numbers and are likely inflated by as much as 25%. Don't get me wrong this thing is real and it is being exploited, just laying out some stats I am watching and bet there are smarter people than me who know more. Im going fishing

stank

May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
If you believe the CDC, and I have no reason not to:
Over 40,000 Americans die each year in automobile accidents
Over 80,000 Americans die each year of alcohol related diseases each year
Over 400,000 Americans die each year of smoking related diseases each year

If we reduce the speed limit to to 5mph virtually all deaths from automobile accidents would be eliminated, yet we don't.

If we banned the sale and use of alcohol the number of alcohol related deaths would be drastically reduced, yet we don't.

If we banned the sale and use of tobacco the number of smoking related deaths woudl plummet, yet we don't.

I wonder how many guys that previously were having a smoke every hour or two when they got a chance, and only had a couple beers after work are sitting home all day getting hammered and chain-smoking....

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Just looked at what happened in Minnesota this week when cop thought he was above the law and killed an innocent guy with his knee on his neck handcuffed... kinda like politicians stepping over there power and putting there feet on our throats saying we can’t go fishing,yet their rich friends stay in business?????
Why didn't you point out the dead guy being "above the law" also ? Where do you get innocent from ? The police just don't go around arresting people to meet a quota.Besides that WTF does this have to do with this thread ?

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
If you believe the CDC, and I have no reason not to:
Over 40,000 Americans die each year in automobile accidents
Over 80,000 Americans die each year of alcohol related diseases each year
Over 400,000 Americans die each year of smoking related diseases each year
If we reduce the speed limit to to 5mph virtually all deaths from automobile accidents would be eliminated, yet we don't.

Pollution from cars likely kills more than accidents. Cannot make much progress on reducing that with the recent roll back in Federal emission standards. And so many folks who don't believe that emissions are anything to be concerned about. I do like driving fast cars and motorcycles though.

If we banned the sale and use of alcohol the number of alcohol related deaths would be drastically reduced, yet we don't.

The nation tried banning alcohol (Prohibition) and that did not take.

If we banned the sale and use of tobacco the number of smoking related deaths would plummet, yet we don't.

We have banned smoking in most public spaces so non-smokers are less impacted by second hand smoke. And Phillip Morris has done a great job of lobbying and advertising to convince enough people that smoking is not bad for you. Granted that has lead to Vaping which is a whole other thing.

Pot was criminalized for generations and is now legal in many states. The criminalization likely caused more damage than it prevented.

So our nation has been wrestling with how to allow individual freedoms without causing too much collateral damage. In this case there is no economic benefit to COVID-19 except over the long haul for pharmaceutical companies.

Luckily even though fishing is one of the most addicting things in life it remains legal. Thank the God of your choice!