Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Ya, the whole idea of measuring is one person per 36 square feet of space. Impossible to keep 6ft in a stateroom, which would be much more important in my opinion, than out in the open air.
So I did the math. 90x30=2700,divide by 28 for the amount of people. That works out to 96.4 square ‘ per. Does that seem right?? Id like to think so... I’m good with that!

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
that is just a fancy way of saying your responding to paranoia.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-infection-doctor-jenny-harries-a9396811.html

This study showed that even in the hope with infectious patients not even 50% of the public could wear masks... let alone doing so for hours in public.

Many countries are stockpiling face masks for use as a nonpharmaceutical intervention to control virus transmission during an influenza pandemic. We conducted a prospective cluster-randomized trial comparing surgical masks, non–fit-tested P2 masks, and no masks in prevention of influenza-like illness (ILI) in households. Mask use adherence was self-reported. During the 2006 and 2007 winter seasons, 286 exposed adults from 143 households who had been exposed to a child with clinical respiratory illness were recruited. We found that adherence to mask use significantly reduced the risk for ILI-associated infection, but <50% of participants wore masks most of the time. We concluded that household use of face masks is associated with low adherence and is ineffective for controlling seasonal respiratory disease.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2984432/
The primary analysis was unconclusive: ILI was reported in 24/148 (16.2%) of the contacts in the intervention arm and in 25/158 (15.8%) of the contacts in the control arm. The difference -of ILI attack rate between the intervention arm and the control arm was 0.40% (95%CI: −10% to 11%, P = 1.00). ILI among contacts occurred more frequently when moderate or intense sore throat or runny nose or elevated temperature were reported in the index patient, and when the household contact was aged less than 15 years old and was female (Table 2).

I love this report because is was published in the Lancet and is total bullshit

It would be reasonable to suggest vulnerable individuals avoid crowded areas and use surgical face masks rationally when exposed to high-risk areas. As evidence suggests COVID-19 could be transmitted before symptom onset, community transmission might be reduced if everyone, including people who have been infected but are asymptomatic and contagious, wear face masks.

***Note : It would be reasonable is not a scientific finding of fact and it is NOT reasonable that the outcomes for trained personnel in healthcare settings can be extrapolated to the pubic.***

Just proves how impossible even in controlled situations how impossible it is to adhere to mask protocols

Adherence
Characteristics of the adherent versus nonadherent participants who were recruited are shown in Table 2; no significant differences were noted between the 2 groups except for the presence of >3 adults in the household. On day 1 of mask use, 36 (38%) of the 94 surgical mask users and 42 (46%) of the 92 P2 mask users stated that they were wearing the mask “most or all” of the time. Other participants were wearing face masks rarely or never. The difference between the groups was not significant (p = 0.37). Adherence dropped to 29/94 (31%) and 23/92 (25%), respectively, by day 5 of mask use (Figure 2).

People just can't wear masks properly all the time when in public. There entire body is designed to move poisons out, including mucus in the sputum. There is no studying looking at why this fails nearly 100% of the time, and lots of time wasted studying air particle transmissions in stationary models. Putting a mask on someone and testing for particles that have virus is as useful as strapping jet wings to my back and determining how aerodynamic they are. Sure, the wings are aerodynamic but I am still not flying and if I do fly, I will smash into a wall.
:confused:

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
The Shogun 1.5 day trips at $565 + permits with 14 passengers sold out quickly.
Considering a typical 1.5 day trip cost $365, that gives you an idea of what people are willing to pay.

So are you guys willing to pay an extra 60% to go out fishing?
Also consider a typical run of the mill 1.5 day trips Base price is $365 does not include anything except your ticket. By the time they get done nickle and dimming you to for everything tour paying about the same price on a lesser grade boat and everything that goes with it.

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Darn, I missed my 400 post guess by6 days. Youall need to step up your useless medical And economic posts or this thread will never hit 500.
If we did a word a post we could do it, lol
Just think, with the sentence above It would have been thirteen posts..

Reactions: Artois

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE
Name
Nicholas Bronson
Boat
themodcatfish
If we did a word a post we could do it, lol
Just think, with the sentence above It would have been thirteen posts..
And if we counted 11 words, one comma and an acronym as 13 words, we'd get there in no time! LOL

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat

Last edited:

mrbrklyn

http://www.brooklyn-living.com/fishing.html
Sep 25, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Name
Ruben
Boat
70 foot
That clip you posted about pillows, etc, Is was over 2 months ago. A lot has changed since then.
not really. Everything has unfolded thus far in a predictable manner except for the part where the Governor of NY sent COVID-19 infectious patients to nursing homes

Reactions: marlyn and jer dog

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
The Shogun 1.5 day trips at $565 + permits with 14 passengers sold out quickly.
Considering a typical 1.5 day trip cost $365, that gives you an idea of what people are willing to pay.

So are you guys willing to pay an extra 60% to go out fishing?
for a 7-day trip in august regular price is around $3000. 60% increase would put it up at $4800. The tip @ 15% would add another $720. You are now looking at $5520 + 150 permits + $300 fish cleaning, $160 lodging, $400 travel expense, $80 galley tab...that puts you close to a $7000 Trip. .... AND there is still no guarantee that you will not catch that fancy virus even with that ultra limited load.
Akhm...no thanks I will pass. That are other options.

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
for a 7-day trip in august regular price is around $3000. 60% increase would put it up at $4800. The tip @ 15% would add another $720. You are now looking at $5520 + 150 permits + $300 fish cleaning, $160 lodging, $400 travel expense, $80 galley tab...that puts you close to a $7000 Trip. .... AND there is still no guarantee that you will not catch that fancy virus even with that ultra limited load.
No too

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
Even at $1000 per day, the cost is still on par for any high-end exotic destination,guided fishing. And you get to take 30 fish home. That doesn't happen on other trips.
The trip includes transportation to the grounds, food, guide, lodging, bait. EVERYTHING. Oh and fishing 24 hours a day unless we are moving to another area.
Completely unique and over the top fishing experience to be had. I have done lots of trips to different places gents, Nothing tops Long range style fishing on one of San Diego's primo rigs. NOTHING.

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
Even at $1000 per day, the cost is still on par for any high-end exotic destination,guided fishing. And you get to take 30 fish home. That doesn't happen on other trips.
The trip includes transportation to the grounds, food, guide, lodging, bait. EVERYTHING. Oh and fishing 24 hours a day unless we are moving to another area.
Completely unique and over the top fishing experience to be had. I have done lots of trips to different places gents, Nothing tops Long range style fishing on one of San Diego's primo rigs. NOTHING.
Well, what can I say, good for you. Not everyone is so fortunate to be able to brag about visiting other "high end exotic" destinations. But hey, it is capitalism after all and demand dictates the price.

From one of your early covid posts back in March:
"I only fish ultra limited trips. And I would hope that anyone going on any trip would be responsible enough to not go if they have any symptoms. I don’t fish open party."

Again, kuddos to you.

Reactions: No Cal Lou and dtf

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
Well, what can I say, good for you. Not everyone is so fortunate to be able to brag about visiting other "high end exotic" destinations. But hey, it is capitalism after all and demand dictates the price.

From one of your early covid posts back in March:
"I only fish ultra limited trips. And I would hope that anyone going on any trip would be responsible enough to not go if they have any symptoms. I don’t fish open party."

Again, kuddos to you.
Long Range fishing is a luxury, no doubt. But most things these days cost $$. I am just pointing out that Long Range fishing has been a great value to the outdoor enthusiast and most people never really recognized it. I know I didn't until I started looking at other venues. The fishing experiences I have had on The Polaris Supreme rival any other top line fishing I've done. But then again, I love live bait and jig fishing for tuna, yellows wahoo, grouper and all the other targets I've left out, and I appreciate how good it is on the table. It's unique fishing. And it's guided high end destination fishing.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Bight Sportfishing, Fisherman’s Landing, 4 passengers max on a 28’ Parker. Full day offshore, $695

Or, how about Game Changer, Point Loma, 6 pack, 70’ x 18’ yacht. $1,550, 2.5 day. Meals, drinks, tackle, permits, fish cleaning.

Makes sense

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Long Range fishing is a luxury, no doubt. But most things these days cost $$. I am just pointing out that Long Range fishing has been a great value to the outdoor enthusiast and most people never really recognized it. I know I didn't until I started looking at other venues. The fishing experiences I have had on The Polaris Supreme rival any other top line fishing I've done. But then again, I love live bait and jig fishing for tuna, yellows wahoo, grouper and all the other targets I've left out, and I appreciate how good it is on the table. It's unique fishing. And it's guided high end destination fishing.
Totally agree with both posts ...san Diego long range fishing to me is the best thing on this planet...the fact that I was able to afford the greatest thing ever to me was a shock as I did alot of trips through the 80s and 90s...i was blown away people could go to sci in long range luxury out of la for $60 overnight back then....
Im gonna try but probably never be able to go long range again and that's a crushing reality but for the greatest trips there are it's no shock the pricetag has caught up....

Reactions: SCHeadhunter

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
So I did the math. 90x30=2700,divide by 28 for the amount of people. That works out to 96.4 square ‘ per. Does that seem right?? Id like to think so... I’m good with that!
Can’t really do much with square footage, I need rail space.

90’ boat on a drift, 28 anglers, just a smidge over 3’. Add the 30’ ft stern to the 90’ of rail, 4.2 feet.

Fishdood

Fishgistics
Sep 30, 2012
San Marcos, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Austin
Boat
You guys and your math on rail space and such are killing me lmao. Heres exactly how it works.

On a multi-day trip if ANYONE on the boat has it (or the flu) then you're ALL getting it. I don't give a shit if you stand 6 feet apart at the rail or 6 inches, you're ALL getting it. Simple as that.

If you're worried then stay home.

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
You guys and your math on rail space and such are killing me lmao. Heres exactly how it works.

On a multi-day trip if ANYONE on the boat has it (or the flu) then you're ALL getting it. I don't give a shit if you stand 6 feet apart at the rail or 6 inches, you're ALL getting it. Simple as that.

If you're worried then stay home.
Well that’s a given. The conversation that was initiated was the constitution had said in an article that they were measured and can take 26... okay... if there were two going and one had it then The other would get it. That is not the topic. Just how many people would they allow on the trip. The, if one has it they all get it has been presumably established. I have been in the military and at sea for up to two months at A time. I already know, but thanks for the update.

And I’m not worried. I just want to go fishing. why is the sandiego fleet not opened, when you have at least 3 San Fran, Santa barb, orange co, opened??? What gives. It must be the rail space math. Lol

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
Well that’s a given. The conversation that was initiated was the constitution had said in an article that they were measured and can take 26... okay... if there were two going and one had it then The other would get it. That is not the topic. Just how many people would they allow on the trip. The, if one has it they all get it has been presumably established. I have been in the military and at sea for up to two months at A time. I already know, but thanks for the update.

And I’m not worried. I just want to go fishing. why is the sandiego fleet not opened, when you have at least 3 San Fran, Santa barb, orange co, opened??? What gives. It must be the rail space math. Lol
A little birdy told me today, that it will be opening very very soon!

Reactions: Mean Gene