gotwakesvl

Aug 27, 2009
San Marcos
Name
Josh
Boat
Horizon
Two questions:
1) How do they possibly know where the employee got infected?
2) Given the current number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States, how many positives would one EXPECT to see out of a "thousand or so" employees? (HINT: Not statistically convincingly different from one, unless all of the employees work in NY or NJ).

There are legitimate Constitutional questions about the "shut-down". It's not at all clear (to me, at least) that all of the precautions being taken are even warranted. And the media is clearly feeding the frenzy. But we are very, very sheltered living in San Diego. All this conspiracy theory BS about COVID-19 not being that serious a disease, or the death rates not being that bad, or it being engineered in a lab, or healthy people being immune (or Trump taking hydroxychloroquine -- yeah, right, they're giving him a placebo), is just that: BS. It's a serious virus wreaking havoc where it takes hold (Italy, Spain, NYC, parts of Detroit). It's requires our respect, even if our political leaders do not.
The employee was infected (not intentionally) at a party in Hillcrest (no joke). The guy he got it from had partied on the East Coast and brought it home with him.

mrbrklyn

http://www.brooklyn-living.com/fishing.html
Sep 25, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Name
Ruben
Boat
70 foot
Boats were fishing during the onset of this deal, I didn’t hear a peep from people getting Covid from boats.

That is the part that really bothers me. There is ZERO evidence that party boat fishing contributes to viral spread. It is not like 400 patrons sitting in a movie theater with in a self contained ventilated and air conditioned room. You are out in the open air. It makes it harder to catch a virus and your contact circle for that time is a few people at best. This is much safer than delivering Piazza.

Reactions: marlyn and jer dog

desmonic

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
That is the part that really bothers me. There is ZERO evidence that party boat fishing contributes to viral spread. It is not like 400 patrons sitting in a movie theater with in a self contained ventilated and air conditioned room. You are out in the open air. It makes it harder to catch a virus and your contact circle for that time is a few people at best. This is much safer than delivering Piazza.
well, you are sleeping in staterooms with air circulated around. IMO, that is the biggest risk for the entire trip.

Reactions: Mangisda and Cubeye

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
The employee was infected (not intentionally) at a party in Hillcrest (no joke). The guy he got it from had partied on the East Coast and brought it home with him.

Hmm..those Hillcrest parties...

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
well, you are sleeping in staterooms with air circulated around. IMO, that is the biggest risk for the entire trip.
when I go on longer trips , I normally catch something ,
Pink eye ,and A Virus,
last year on my 8 day Trip , I sprayed Ozium in my Stateroom
twice A day, and used A bunch of Disinfectant wipes,
and was fine the whole Trip.

Reactions: Cubeye

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
northwest
Name
joe
Boat
none
Make Ya A deal...You go to the ice maker....I'lll go to the bait tray,... but stay the f out of the beer cooler , I'll bring my own whiskey. ....If you have to put wine in a cooler it's not worth drinking:p

Reactions: esgeo

hot tuna

May 7, 2007
Tahoe
Name
Steve
Boat
clawfoot tub
I wonder if the multi-day boats are looking at intergrating UV light air filtration into their systems? UV light purification is proven effective in killing viruses and an economical technology. Small units could be used in staterooms to keep virus spread.

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
The boats are going at half the load and double the cost. It will be interesting to see if LR boats will go this route. With the trips being on the pricey side already, wonder how many anglers will go for it. I certainly will pass.

Fincutter

Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
I couldn't afford to double the cost of my 8 day, but I might consider the same cost for a 4 day.

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE
Name
Nicholas Bronson
Boat
themodcatfish
Where does a 15-day trip in June go? (Yeah, I know, wherever they want.) Bluefin, Guadalupe, Ridge & Rocks, Lower Banks? Or do they run long?

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Where does a 15-day trip in June go? (Yeah, I know, wherever they want.) Bluefin, Guadalupe, Ridge & Rocks, Lower Banks? Or do they run long?
Andy does like the Hurricane Bank. Rare that weather is a factor but it can be at that time of year. He is really looking at long coming off boat work.

[email protected]

May 6, 2004
Newport
Name
Dave
Boat
28 Farallon HOOKED
Almost 2,400 new virus cases today in Calif. Not too swift for cramming people into tight quarters.