PENN

Cago

Feb 24, 2011
La Palma, CA USA
Name
Marvin
Boat
“Free Spool”
Went out yesterday 10/31 to hit some local spots. Buddy gets to my house at 5:30. Tells me he forgot the squid at home. Ugh. We weren't planning on getting bait at Nachos so this is all we were counting on. Drive to his house in LB and get the squid. Stop at 7-11 for ice. Damn! forgot my coffee. Stop at Mcds to get a coffee and a couple sandwiches. Ok lets do this. Get to Davies at 6:30. First we fished the 105 for a few bass. Not much happening there so we went to the 150. Found some marks on the bottom and drifted it about 6 times. Got a few rock fish, a nice goat, and a 19" Sandy. Release a couple nice sculpin and the Sandy. All caught on frozen squid on dropper loops. Overall it was a great day out there. Little to no wind and flat.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Thanks for the report

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Nothing like being amped-up to fish, and then the unexpected detours kick-in. :2gunsfiring_v1:
Sounds like you made the most of it!

Upvote 0

jimu

Almost A Member
Dec 6, 2011
bellflower ca usa
Name
jim unger
Boat
stike zone
Nothing like being amped-up to fish, and then the unexpected detours kick-in. :2gunsfiring_v1:
Sounds like you made the most of it!
Went out yesterday 10/31 to hit some local spots. Buddy gets to my house at 5:30. Tells me he forgot the squid at home. Ugh. We weren't planning on getting bait at Nachos so this is all we were counting on. Drive to his house in LB and get the squid. Stop at 7-11 for ice. Damn! forgot my coffee. Stop at Mcds to get a coffee and a couple sandwiches. Ok lets do this. Get to Davies at 6:30. First we fished the 105 for a few bass. Not much happening there so we went to the 150. Found some marks on the bottom and drifted it about 6 times. Got a few rock fish, a nice goat, and a 19" Sandy. Release a couple nice sculpin and the Sandy. All caught on frozen squid on dropper loops. Overall it was a great day out there. Little to no wind and flat.[/QUOTE

Upvote 0

jimu

Almost A Member
Dec 6, 2011
bellflower ca usa
Name
jim unger
Boat
stike zone
I went to Izors last week opened the cooler to get some squid and it was empty.
Left it the truck. All I could do was laugh. Was back in about an hour with the bait and ice. After 45 years of fishing I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

Upvote 0

Tuna Vic

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Nice going,sounds like it would have been a good day for the swimmies with a strip of squid to entice.

Upvote 0

40Grit

Sep 9, 2009
Newport Beach California
Name
Steve Brown
Boat
Radovich 34
After fishing loaded everything in the work van. A week later, I heard a noise from a playmate cooler falling from the top shelf, that was filled with squid. while driving the van.
One stoplight later, the smell was so overwhelming I had to pull over,and leap from the truck

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0