thomasfishing

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
I have not been fishing lately due to a busy work schedule and also I wanted to make sure the new to me boat get some usage. Install some new electronics and want to test it out. We left huntington harbor at 9 am on Friday morning. Man it was down right ugly the moment we got out of the harbor. Red flag warnings and all. Nonetheless, the boat perform flawless. Went over to nacho and got a couple scoop of live squid. He was very generous with the squid however a scoop now cost $70.00. Nacho ask us where we are fishing and I said Catalina. He replied to us and asked if we were crazy or something in this weather? For a moment there I was worried about the crossing but again love the new boat as we crossed in 8 to 10 foot swells and still managed 15 knts. We fished the front side for all the bonita you want. Current and wind was not cooperating. In fact it got to windy at one point and we call it quits around 4pm and batten down the hatched for a long dreaded home. A few miles after leaving catalina, just like a light switch, the wind and swell died down and it was down right gorgeous. In fact with a tank still full of live squids, we stop for some rockfish on the way back. Started to meter some fish and told my me crew to drop their line and sure enough, REDS REDS and more REDS. Got easy limits for 4 in 2 hours. These were nice reds too, not your usual dinks. In fact one even weighed 7 lbs and majority were 4lb and 5lber. So all in all, it great day fishing with friends and family.
IMG_1264.JPG
IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG

Upvote 0

Azarkon

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
Nice fish. I don't quite get how people seem to ONLY catch red at a location. I can't get the other rock fish to stay off.

Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Nice job finding the fish.

The water was really dirty. Maybe it's cleaner below 250 feet ??

Upvote 0

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Nice reds for sure!

j

Upvote 0