naldodook

Naldodook
Jan 30, 2006
Buena Park, california
Name
daniel
Boat
Sailfish 176CC
Late report, hoop netted long beach harbor on 28th sat by my self. First net in the water by 4:30, first pull at dark, not sure of hours.
High tide at 8:30 and moon was almost full. Shorts on first two sets of 5 hoops. Bigger ones came out later around 9:30. Used frozen sardine from past outing with some frozen mackerel mixed in i. About 35 to 40 feet water.

Ended the day with 5 shorts and 3 legals.

Here is a Short clip of hoopnetting.

Upvote 0

Hey-19

Aug 31, 2020
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Name
barry skaggs
Boat
C-Dory TomCat
Nice. yeah, we rarely catch shorts, and I don’t understand why. You caught 5 in one trip, we have only caught a total of 4 shorts in 7 trips. i wouldn’t mind pulling up a few more shorts every now and then just to keep it interesting, and to let me know they are down there.

Reactions: naldodook
Upvote 0

DonnieD

Shit...where's the beer
  • May 27, 2015
    SD
    Name
    Donnie D
    Boat
    FINBOMB
    Hey-19. Are you generally fishing the deeper spots? 75+ or finding the bigger ones more shallow. We do the rocks from Pedro to LB. we're about 1/1 short/legal this year but we're fishing 15-25 feet

Upvote 0

Hey-19

Aug 31, 2020
    HUNTINGTON BEACH
    Name
    barry skaggs
    Boat
    C-Dory TomCat
    we have not had much luck in 40-55 feet of water. in fact, we have only caught one lobster in water deeper than 30 feet, (hence the reason we are not fishing it much right now). our big bugs have come from the same general area in about 25 feet. we have not tried any water shallower than 20 feet, so maybe there are more shorts in there??

when you say you "do the rocks", i assume you are talking about visible jetties and riprap?

Upvote 0