Long Beach fred hall

Marco450r

Oct 16, 2016
Imperial Beach
Name
marco
Boat
your boat
Hello fellas I wanna attend Fed hall this year in long Beach what days or day is best to attend for deals or just in general best days there Thanks

DannyNoonan

Smarter than I look...
Apr 17, 2007
3rd dumpster on the right
Name
Jim
Boat
Lund LX200 LFC
It really depends upon what's important to you...

For limited availability items, probably opening day.

For a leisurely experience with lots of time to visit with vendors, Thursday before late afternoon or Friday morning.

For the absolute best chance at a "deal", Sunday about 2-3 hrs before closing - and bring CASH...

Craziest times to go? Wednesday open, Friday after work, and all day Saturday...

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
I go on Saturdays. This is the only place i can think of where the crowd doesnt bother me too much. I recall it was raining that day last year (could have been the year before) and still a great time. Eat a big meal (we hit a drive thru) before you go and save $20 for a 20oz beer.

Reactions: Marco450r

Marco450r

Oct 16, 2016
Imperial Beach
Name
marco
Boat
your boat
But then again just go when you can right take cash eat a big meal before save the 20 for a beer looking forward I've been to Del mar 3 times heard this one is the the real deal

Reactions: jer dog

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
For the Long Beach and DM shows. LB is the greatest. SD fishes better :D It would be cool if they were 6 months appart. Not all, but allot of reps are burned out at the DM show. Decreasing sales and the stoke

Some of the best deals come the last few hours at the DM show with cash. But allot of the good gear is already gone by then. But good chance of a score. Maybe some jerky also

Not at fan of buying demo gear. But some are let go for cheap

Uber in with a camel pack filled with beverage of choice

Last edited:

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Start a ride share thread

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Thursday is the slowest day. You'll get more talking time with the manufacturers. Don't go to drink and you'll be OK on cash. There are show deals and most of the smaller guys will haggle if you are nice about it. Sundays you can get deals at the end of the show on bigger items that the vendor doesn't want to carry out... Safes, bait tanks, etc. Cash is king, watch your wallet when in the crowds, sign up for CCA and get the coupon book with huge savings at booths plus a ticket to get in and support CCA as they are the only ones fighting anything nowadays. Go to the cooking seminars for free food, use the bathrooms upstairs, grab all the free stickers from everyone, take a selfie with booth chicks and post up on BD. Go by the BD booth and harass our employees by telling a fishing story no one but you cares about for 30min without telling them who you are, we make them be nice...

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
shit talking
I just go now to meet and greet my fans LOL
and drink @ joe josts with friends
but iam not impressed with deals etc those days are long gone
its gotten over commercialized and more about hey look at me new stuff

Rude Baits

Mar 22, 2012
SD
Name
Tony
Boat
-
The show is great if you want to see the latest and greatest stuff and chat with vendors. Any deals you may find willl be negated by the entacnce and parking fees (let alone food or beverage). If you have never been I recommend going for the experience alone. Its a cool way to spend the day if you're really into fishing.

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
Will you be making a appearance at either show This year?
Thursday is the slowest day. You'll get more talking time with the manufacturers. Don't go to drink and you'll be OK on cash. There are show deals and most of the smaller guys will haggle if you are nice about it. Sundays you can get deals at the end of the show on bigger items that the vendor doesn't want to carry out... Safes, bait tanks, etc. Cash is king, watch your wallet when in the crowds, sign up for CCA and get the coupon book with huge savings at booths plus a ticket to get in and support CCA as they are the only ones fighting anything nowadays. Go to the cooking seminars for free food, use the bathrooms upstairs, grab all the free stickers from everyone, take a selfie with booth chicks and post up on BD. Go by the BD booth and harass our employees by telling a fishing story no one but you cares about for 30min without telling them who you are, we make them be nice...